Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice pictures!
We had a sneaky snake visit today. A garter snake, nothing venomous thank goodness. He slithered through the rocks and stuck his little head down for a drink of pond water. Cute little guy. He was a good size for a garter snake. Maybe 18" long.
we dug up a garden snake mailing ball once in NJ. the environmentalist stoped the job gathered 128 garders or ribbon snakes and took them away fir safe keeping they only returned with 33.Sometimes your better off not interfering with nature.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had our plumber here yesterday who reminds me of you - tough guy exterior, but get him talking about his kids and he's a teddy bear. He fell in love with our pond and is making plans to build one for his wife. He's lost 50 pounds since we last saw him in December. I asked "what's your secret?" HIs reply - stress. Too bad my stress works the opposite way!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rescuer of street snakes here among other creatures that know not what they are doing laying out there on that nice warm road. Every Spring as it warms up there is always a pile of them in a ditch near the road. Haven't seen them this year yet.
This is an old photo of them doing their thing.

IMG_9237.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had our plumber here yesterday who reminds me of you - tough guy exterior, but get him talking about his kids and he's a teddy bear. He fell in love with our pond and is making plans to build one for his wife. He's lost 50 pounds since we last saw him in December. I asked "what's your secret?" HIs reply - stress. Too bad my stress works the opposite way!
I've lost a bit myself between the pond expansion and the previous job onstantly walking up and down 6 flights all day.

Reaction score
Pond looks amazing. Going to have to read thru whole thread another day to try and understand all that is going on as most of it is over my head. Very inspiring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond looks amazing. Going to have to read thru whole thread another day to try and understand all that is going on as most of it is over my head. Very inspiring.
Thanks.
if you have any questions feel free to ask

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Leave it to the younger generation to come up with some cool toys. I asked my sone if i could use his go pro and he brought it out . But what it had was a water proof handle attached to it so if you drop it in the water the go pro would not be lost. well i decided to drop it into the pond and let the current in the pond take over and video as it may. It took two trips around the pond to end up heading into the skimmer, which is very close to the water fall by design . Many said it was not a good idea that the water would not circulate properly but i had a plan and it has worked out well. Ay ways here is the Wild video

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Haha that is a creative way to get underwater shots of your pond and check the flow pattern.... cool seeing the biofilm on all the rocks in the water right before the gopro bumps into it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Loved seeing all the submerged plants and rocks. I agree with j.w., you'd never know this pond was man made. I also agree with addy....lucky fish :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone..
I just wish go pro was Much better at color and white balance under water. While I loved the video the quality left much to be desired

Ask a Question