Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Day 1 of the expansion
expansion.jpg

fiberglass sheeting for liner protection from a planed ornamental tree as the waters edge
root protection.jpg
rnr.jpg
Welldeserved R&R

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow! Your are doing one heck of a expansion!
More on a stream with a little with a twist . The fish qre bound to love it as it doubles the distance they can swim and it's my feeding area so when i need to catch someone it wont be hard at all it's hours on end trying to catch them as the pond was i made to many hiding spots. But we got the character stones and the new water fall today and the BIG Nuggets along outside edge on two sides the third will be a little different it's going to be more stagnant bog. And we got the cistern dug out and my damn luck we found the old construction dump on the property. For those unsure what im talking about before the 1970's when a house was being built in american most of the time they would dig a pit in the back yard and all the waste from the building out the house went in that pit all the wood was primarily burned and all the whiskey bottle beer bottles and nips ended up in the pit to. GLASS GALORE my house was built in 1925 so we found ohhh at least 30 old bottles blues, greens, square to 5th's Thank god
DAY 2 .1.jpg
DAY 2.jpg
i had already planed to take the cistern to the 9's . sand under the cistern with the fiberglass panels, then 8oz fabric, rubber, 8oz fabric then 80 aquablocks. Productive day but a heck of a long day. i know it's hard to see whats what at this point but i'm getting there

Attachments

• DAY 2 .1.jpg
    DAY 2 .1.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DAY 2.jpg
    DAY 2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 89
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@GBBUDD - our house was built in 1990, but they did the same thing. We have dug up a number of spots in our yard where they just buried trash - construction debris, landscape timbers, beer cans and bottles - it must take a LOT of beer to build a house! haha!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yea bunch of skirts today it use to be whiskey in the coffee today it's a Pumpkin IPA

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Was thinking the same thing....lol.

Looks like you are moving along, Im sure it will look great when it’s done.
If i make it that far damn cistern with the garbage dump cost me big time and then there was the usual ground here loaded with nuggets and unfortunately none of them were in the yellow shade of the spectrum. Got the cistern leveled out cleaned out and set the 80 matrix blocks. talk about a bag inside of a bag inside of a bag. Fabric rubber fabric reinforced plastic " this was used to keep any more glass from falling into the rubber zone". Draped the plastic over the excavation walls to control anything that fell into the work zone. Wrapped up the aquablocks with fabric the rubber seamed the rubber on top of the cistern then another layer of fabric. Where i then installed 1/2" Azek all the way around the matrix blocks on top of the outer layer of fabric Then sand was used to backfill at least 6" all the way around. and at least that on the top before backfilling and grading. A long three days for sure.
FLIP.jpg
LINED EXCAVATION.jpg
2500 GALLON CISTERN.jpg
AZEK.jpg
Bottle dump.jpg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Ay chihuahu........(just saying what your helper in the middle pic is thinking)
The stream back to the cistern is going to look really cool.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ay chihuahu........(just saying what your helper in the middle pic is thinking)
The stream back to the cistern is going to look really cool.
Na he was thinking dad has lost his mind the entire pond and landscaping with the exception of the mafia blocks to the main bog were all done and looking good grass had grown back in, and here we go again with the mud. And boulder boulders and more boulders. I THOUGHT THIS WASN'T GOING TO BE A BIG DEAL ........ I WAS WRONG ......... At least in the time frame i gave myself that is . and the glass dump ugggggggg.

Ask a Question