Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'll see if i can get that pic for you tomorrow @cas. i have been wanting to get that shot myself.

That is going to be an awesome shot of your pond with the new extension. Very cool and interesting that the add on actually changed your fishes behavior.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yellow outline is the main pond
Dark blue is waterfalls all around 1 foot
Light blue is upper pond
Green is the stream
Purple is the small bog
Red is the main snorkel centipede bog
And i forgot the stagnant bog which is the area separating the yellow lines upper left
Brown is the underground cistern

project pond.jpg

pond expansion (1 of 1).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Epic build it has come a long way and beautiful sound. Great work man. I am truly impressed I will wade through the progress as soon as I figure how to go backwards 1 page at a time but well done my friend.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a great video! I was going to comment earlier that I wanted to come to your place and walk around your pond because I wanted to take in all the details. That video is the next best thing! You did a great job pausing long enough to let me take it all in! I don't know how you got all the way around without stepping on your plants. Just loved it. Can't wait to see the same 'walk thru' when the plants start growing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a great video! I was going to comment earlier that I wanted to come to your place and walk around your pond because I wanted to take in all the details. That video is the next best thing! You did a great job pausing long enough to let me take it all in! I don't know how you got all the way around without stepping on your plants. Just loved it. Can't wait to see the same 'walk thru' when the plants start growing.
The video does not do it justice, you can't see the different types of mosses growing at the waters edge, some of the ferns that are getting established, There's one spot that's pretty cool a big old bull frog dug back some moss and made a little den for himself " a perfect fit a nice little pocket " But your welcome anytime.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I actually did notice some of the mosses - especially the ones along the garage side. I was thinking of how I could do something like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Very nice pictures!
We had a sneaky snake visit today. A garter snake, nothing venomous thank goodness. He slithered through the rocks and stuck his little head down for a drink of pond water. Cute little guy. He was a good size for a garter snake. Maybe 18" long.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love seeing our snakes, really don't see them often

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Lisa
Its both a blessing and a curse. Alot of people don't know how to deal with me on the outside biker dude. But one who takes pictures of birds, bees, bunnies and flowers go figure. the wife calls me a knight in tarnished armor. I don't goo around pushing buttons but once I feel attacked ruh roh... And today I know we are at war its the fat cats who have sold us out and the dozen countries who are buying them out selling us off. When I see people going with the flow. buying into the fake news who cut out only the little peices they want and leave out the full story it gets the juices flowing. There's so much wrong today. Fortunately not all is lost so long as hairdresser care about feeding there families over a governor or judge who had his pride stepped on who have no clue. Whoops I'm ramblin .

Thanks for the compliment. I know I'm liking what I am seeing glad others can enjoy it as well. Mother nature puts on the show I just try to build the stage.

Ask a Question