Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks guys and gals,

Thats what nature is, she is all about the magnificent show. She can put on though for a brief time, then she changes so you don't get use to the wonders that she can create. i just created the stage she puts on the show.

i should say too that these photos are cell phone pictures you don't need to spend thousands for a camera today. those are with the Samsung note 10

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it is a hybrid called Cleopatra I LOVED that the leaved were both green and a streak of marron in them i had no idea the flowers were going to be split as well half the flower is red and the other half yellow very different

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does not bloom a lot in comparison to the other canan i have had but as you said it's pretty crazy. i am thinking it is one of those plants that needs to get established root wise before it does well JHN has one as well

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And a little video update nothing fancy just showing clean clear water after weeks of 90 degreee temps which would turn a lot of ponds green

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You have some pretty fish! How large are they now?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Biggest in close to 20 inches then probably three 16 inch then all the way down to fry. Not to mention I put 60 red eye tetras love watching the come by where I'm sitting a a two foot long school. 8 torpedo barbs and the colors they are getting is unlike anything I ever saw in an aquarium the green on the top of the males is so bright its almost iridescent

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad I took the photos when I did the hurricane though minimal by comparison did its thing and things are a mess. And no power..... hope other here on the east coast faired as well as i did. The power is out but i can deal with that . Thats why God created Brigs and straton. Ok so my generator has a Yamaha you get the gist. I can run a small 3000 GPS pump to the pond along with a air pump so the fish will be fine .

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It does not bloom a lot in comparison to the other canan i have had but as you said it's pretty crazy. i am thinking it is one of those plants that needs to get established root wise before it does well JHN has one as well
Yep it is a cool looking plant, mine on the dark stem it put up to flower is straight red. The lighter green stem it put up with buds is blooming half yellow and red then a few flowers are yellow with red speckled through out it. It will be interesting to see if it consistently does this. Definitely my favorite out of the all the cannas I have.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hurricane didn’t do much around us no tidal surge, just rain and some wind for half a day. Still had to spend Monday securing all our equipment back in creek’s. Can’t take a chance if it gets worse than predicted. Once your in it you aren’t moving anything around just got to deal with the aftermath.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep it is a cool looking plant, mine on the dark stem it put up to flower is straight red. The lighter green stem it put up with buds is blooming half yellow and red then a few flowers are yellow with red speckled through out it. It will be interesting to see if it consistently does this. Definitely my favorite out of the all the cannas I have.
I found a place in New Jersey. kodama koi rents space from them and they have probably 20 varieties of cana very cool place but definitely dated and worn in its day it had to be a hdll of a place

Ask a Question