Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So nice not being on the road. Getting to enjoy the blooms of spring.
20220530_114846.jpg
20220530_114842.jpg
20220530_114830.jpg
20220530_114753.jpg
20220530_114737.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The spring of the 5th year i decided to fix/ change a few things that were not as i invissionsed them. And in true Mother natures style she threw a couple curve balls herself. 5 days ago i spotted a Painted Turtle in the pond. LOVE SEEING it swim around. As long as i don't find all my plants chopped down and tail fins nipped at . They are more than welcome at the pond.. And yes i said they for today as im sitting enjoying the pond and the turtle i looked across the pond and saw a turtle. To WHICH I SAID WAIT HE could not have got across the pond that fast and i was right as low and behold there's now two Turtles!!!!!!! Again same rules SO long as the pond isn't destroyed they are more than welcome

Ad

Advertisements

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's an encouraging sign... the turtle didn't snap at that fish that swam right by it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The only turtle we got was a snapper it got relocated. Our other turtles are land dwellers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
This is so fun! Wouldn't it be cool if they were a male and female pair and had offspring? I am imagining GBBUDD sitting by the pond, trying to be all gruff and saying "if they behave, they can stay" -- while a bunch of super cute baby turtles swim around all over the place! :D :D :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is so fun! Wouldn't it be cool if they were a male and female pair and had offspring? I am imagining GBBUDD sitting by the pond, trying to be all gruff and saying "if they behave, they can stay" -- while a bunch of super cute baby turtles swim around all over the place! :D :D :D
No kidding and taking plenty of great pictures!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have little doubt that they are a flower pot and a fan as I have already seen them fighting like an old school husband a wife.... trying to be politically correct and not assume they want to be called husband a wife so flower pot and fan was what I got from them

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So do turtles tend to stick together and follow each other when one decides to go off and find new digs? Must be the case as how would two show up pretty much together at around the same time?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Animals can sense water and I don't know about turtles but most other animals can smell a females miles away some literally.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
If they are fighting could be 2 males...watch out about em coz can provide heavy wounds during fights...

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the reflections in your crystal clear water!
So many say a bog isn't even a filter I say popy cockadoodle do .

Oh man spell check is way to funny some times. it didn't like popy and switched it out for pops and it didn't like cockadoodle do and changed that to the first for letters . It was good for a deep belly lol

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't imagine how much baking soda I'd need to. Boost 12000 gallons or more

Ask a Question