Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rebuilding the main bog was a lare undertaking, and a risky one at that as I would be without the main filtration for the pond and the hundreds of dollars of fish. But now that the project is flowing I couldn't be happier with the results. I knew the waterfall was far to timid with the original build. So after a good deal of time and money latter a few tweaks here and there I'm very glad I rebuilt the bog.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rebuilding the main bog was a lare undertaking, and a risky one at that as I would be without the main filtration for the pond and the hundreds of dollars of fish. But now that the project is flowing I couldn't be happier with the results. I knew the waterfall was far to timid with the original build. So after a good deal of time and money latter a few tweaks here and there I'm very glad I rebuilt the bog.

So beautiful and I'd hire you any day to build a pond just like that one for me!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The severest form of flattery ! wanting to duplicate ones work . Thank you @j.w

Aquascapes had too much work last year and had to look to their certified contractors they hoped for 3 a week they got 10 and built 1.4 million in ponds. I might be talking to them in the future. If i had the cash i'd come out and build one for you. The amount of driftwood at the shore line the moss and fern along the roads edge i'd be a kid in a candy store out there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I thought you'd like it @jw you have been wanting a good snow fall out there all winter.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I thought you'd like it @jw you have been wanting a good snow fall out there all winter.
Lookee here what we are getting right now......................jw is very happy!

Snow Feb 2023 1.jpg

Snow Feb 2023 2.jpg

Snow Feb 2023 3.jpg

Snow Feb 2023 4.jpg

Snow Feb 2023 5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Wow! We are almost 80 today. It is so hard to imagine having snow. I'm happy to enjoy pictures of yours! It is beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow! We are almost 80 today. It is so hard to imagine having snow. I'm happy to enjoy pictures of yours! It is beautiful!
80 in February just ain't my cup of tea. But I have to admit I'm looking forward to spring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
80 in February just ain't my cup of tea. But I have to admit I'm looking forward to spring
Me neither!!! It is crazy! We've broken some all-time records this month. February here is usually still cold!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Adding a bakki shower has required reworking the water feeds to the pond.
The cistern use to push its return water up to the stream. But since i'm adding a shower im going to use all the return water from the main pump "cistern excluded " to run to the main bog and split off to the shower in a 75 - 25 ratio.

So the cistern return line had to be dug up and re-routed through the flower garden, and between boulders. Yippe the first row wasn't so bad i had 2.5 inches between the boulders so i was able to squeeze the 2" flex pvc between them. Continue to dig the trench up to the second row of boulders where i was not as lucky . One boulder was 2 foot thick and Burried close to the same. I had to mine under it and dig down almost 4 feet from above to connect the dots. And then dig down inside the valve a 24" culvert pipe took about 4 hours as my soils are very bony and tightly compacted , even while only using a 6
gardening shovel with a long handle.

Once i got that completed i had to warm up the flex pvc as its was only 40 here. so the pipe would bend easier using a 2 inch blow torch. Tied on a rope to help guide the pipe and pulled it in at least that part went smoother than expected. once complete I then used spray foam to insulate the pipe in the areas where the pipe was only buried 6 inches tp the top of the pipe.
20230323_184721.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question