Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
The opening for the new window is cut in don't know what took me so long other than no time when i was traveling . fell asleep in the recliner it was like sleeping pond side without the skeeters
What a great view! What's a pond without being able to enjoy it from indoors? I'll bet the sounds is as magical as the view.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Frog thief . While the heron has become enemy number one. Enemy number two is a beautiful red tail hawk. But this guy is coming in and stealing all the frog legs. And I have had some monster Bull frogs that over wintered. Not sure if they are the few I still hear croaking away. The red tail can help himself to the frogs they multiply quite quickly and are free. The heron on the other hand wants the boluga caviare.
20230526_075009.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The start of year 6 has brought an unexpected surprise. One I could have only dreamed of.

Facebook has never been a draw for me I started an account what 25 years ago and said it wasn't for me.
Well last year I wanted to sell a bike and everyone said todays Craigslist was Facebooks market place. So I went on Facebook for the first time in 25 years and right off the bat groups for Motorcycles and koi and ponds popped up. Fou d that a little disturbing as I was not active with either back then .

Well one of the posts was Living the Aquascape lifestyle . Very curios I poked my head in and loved what I saw. The first thing I noticed was show us a picture of your pond. Which I did , I was then asked who built my pond for me and I said that I had. That got a response from Greg. I was then asked if I has a video and if I could post it which I did.
Someone then commented they'd love to see Greg blog my pond , he said he would like to as well. Well that's where I thought was all he was coming out for. To do a video blog of my pond he had other plans. So a year latter I picked him up at the airport. Where he informed me I had been chosen as the aququscapes DIY pond of the year. After seeing hundreds of his videos I never imagined I'd be joining.

Last edited:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
The start of year 6 has brought an unexpected surprise. One I could have only dreamed of.

Facebook has never been a draw for me I started an account what 25 years ago and said it wasn't for me.
Well last year I wanted to sell a bike and everyone said todays Craigslist was Facebooks market place. So I went on Facebook for the first time in 25 years and right off the bat groups for Motorcycles and koi and ponds popped up. Fou d that a little disturbing as I was not active with either back then .

Well one of the posts was Living the Aquascape lifestyle . Very curios I poked my head in and loved what I saw. The first thing I noticed was show us a picture of your pond. Which I did , I was then asked who built my pond for me and I said that I had. That got a response from Greg. I was then asked if I has a video and if I could post it which I did.
Someone then commented they'd love to see Greg blog my pond , he said he would like to as well. Well that's where I thought was all he was coming out for. To do a video blog of my pond he had other plans. So a year latter I picked him up at the airport. Where he informed me I had been chosen as the aququscapes DIY pond of the year. After seeing hundreds of his videos I never imagined I'd be joining.

Seeing these videos really puts a smile on my face! So very cool!

And yes, Facebook can be a very good resource for certain things. I first started using it some 15 years ago as a prompt for writing essays. There are so many dedicated groups for just about everything imaginable! So I'd get into a discussion on whatever topic I was working on in one of the groups dedicated to that topic, then use the comments and my replies to sketch out talking points for an essay. It worked for everything from academic articles to journalistic essays. Still does!

I'm so glad you see your hard work getting the recognition it deserves! The power of networking at its best!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Trying g to duicate is the severest form of flattery. Glad it has inspired you and your creation if you have any questions feel free to ask

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Awesome, you definitely deserve to win!
Thanks @Jhn You should sent a picture or two of yours in for next year.
Your enclosure maybe enough to separate you from the rest.
The whole thing rocks and I haven't seen it a a few years now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just scored some sun dews I have been searching for them since I built the pond they are tiny but one cool plant. One thing I never realized was that they do flower it's tiny and white. but such a little bonus they are very cool.
20230722_122251.jpg
20230722_122227.jpg
20230722_122210.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had some years ago, they disappeared, you taken better care of them then me. They are really neat.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have not had them Over winter as yet. I have them I'd damp areas. They are in a splash zone both in sun and in dappled sun. And sitting in water to perched in very shallow water. I know they ate tough. They do not like to be disturbed

Ask a Question