Goldfish with bump

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hmm - Been reading this thread. I'm not knew to ponding as I have a pond for 30 years. Last year coming out of winter, I noticed one koi with a pinkish 1/4" round pimple. He was white so easily spottable. I watched it and nothing happened through the summer. Thought it might be a harmless koi pox virus. I just started up my main filtration a few days ago and noticed 3 koi with these. One Koi has 2, the other 2 only one each. Still looks pretty benign but starting to get thoughts on treatment. It doesn't seem aggressive, at least not yet. If it were the pox virus, the warm water could make them dissipate. It's basically on their side, not near the gills. I know what it's not, just not yet what it is.

Every year, I usually do a PP ( potassium Permanganate ) treatment to the pond but I skipped last year. Now I'm considering it before I use eugenol to anesthetize one of them for sample to scope. Just don't feel like going through the hassle if it is benign.

Any thoughts??? Thanks all ...

Reaction score
Country
United States
no the big guy still has his bump, but he has not infected his aquarium tank mates, who are juvenile goldfish. Big guy has had that bump over a year, I brought him home and tossed in an aquarium, I don't think it is leaving. May be a tumor

Reaction score
Country
United States
The 3 small goldfish were not infected, big guy's bump isn't growing, so they moved to a pond today.

Attachments

• DSC_1595.JPG
    DSC_1595.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_1594.JPG
    DSC_1594.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 81

Ask a Question