addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the resveratrol, have not really taken it, will check into the curcumin though. Also need to make sure it is a certified supplier, ie it is really the amount they say, and what is in the pill is really in the pill

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I, too will be following this story. I currently lake Curcumin for arthritic pain, will be looking into this more closely! Thanks, j.w..
John
Where do you get your brand of Curcumin Haro? Does it work good for you and how many do you take a day and how often? Might check into just getting that instead of paying so much for these packets.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have the resveratrol, have not really taken it, will check into the curcumin though. Also need to make sure it is a certified supplier, ie it is really the amount they say, and what is in the pill is really in the pill

Here is what came w/ the stuff I bought. Tell me if you think anything looks good or bad:

IMG_5466.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Where do you get your brand of Curcumin Haro? Does it work good for you and how many do you take a day and how often? Might check into just getting that instead of paying so much for these packets.

I first got it from a health-food store, about $60. a bottle, then came across it in a bulk food place (Bulk Barn, don't know if you have them south of the border) for about 1/2 the cost. Curcumin, certified 95% turmeric. 60 capsules, 500 mg., made by Organika Health Products of Richmond, BC, Canada. www.organica.com.
I tend to take it sporadically, whenever the pain hits, but get good results if I take two with breakfast. BTW, they recommend 1 capsule three times a day, with meals.
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are companies that qualify the supplements that they really have in them what they are saying. One company is USP, I try to buy from well known companies and do look for the usp tag, some have it some don't. There has been a lot of supplements made where you are not taking what you think you are, i.e. amount, or even the herb.

John that web site does not open. aww got it , the site is organika.com They have a usa site too.

I am going to check into it, my hands kept me awake most of the night, darn things.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks John and addy for the info. I am going to start taking these packets of pills 2 times a day now as they run out of strength after about 4 hours. I'm going to hunt for some cheaper ones and see if just the Curcumin alone will work for me. I do take omega 3 fish oil already so have that on hand and that is supposed to be good for inflammation also. I know I can get the Resveritrol at Costco and read that it is also good for inflammation. Didn't take them yesterday til about 2pm and started housework right away. Had pain still for about 1 hour after taking and then they kicked in good. Today took them at 10am and it's 11:20 now and I feel good. So they do work, just need to take them more often to keep things good. I do take the black pepper w/ them and have noticed some Curcumin sold over the net have that added into the pill. That would be much better than me having to put the pepper in juice and trying to drink it down. As long as you hold your breath it's ok :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have you heard of the Resveretrol Haro? I have heard talk about it in the news lately saying it is good for you. Telling people that wine is good for you cuz of the grapes. It is included in this packet deal I bought. Addy sent me this link on it and I don't know whether it is any good or not. How does one know really?
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/resveratrol-supplements

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Only one way.... try it. If it SEEMS to help, it probably does. You have to remember, though, that if you WANT it to work, you can talk yourself into believing that it really does.
I hadn't heard about the Resveratrol before, but will definitely look into it.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a mulberry tree in the back field, produces a ton of them, small, not real sweet but a ton.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if you've really read and paid attention to this whole thread, you know that inflammation is in the short list of root causes of almost every chronic disease, and ailment...you also know holistic natural treatments are/or should be first choice..

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Your ‪#‎skin‬ replaces itself once a month, what you eat literally becomes you and you have a choice in what you’re made of!

Skin is the largest organ in the body and it’s impossible to achieve a healthy-looking skin without adopting a healthy life style. However, every year, the cosmetic and Pharmaceutical industries make billions of dollars from moisturizing creams and skin care products that contain tons of harsh chemicals. While no one in their right mind... would leave tons of toxic chemicals in an organ like heart, millions of women have been brainwashed into thinking that it’s ok to leave tons of harsh chemicals on their face or skin.

Here are top recommendations you could naturally achieve a healthy looking skin:

Read More Here: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/power-of-nutrition-antioxidants-foods-that-are-beneficial-harmful-for-skin-health.php

Ask a Question