Growth on head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 20 year old golden orfe has a large growth on its snout. It has been getting larger over the past year and is now the size of a ping pong ball. It is still feeding. Should I put it out of its misery? I have put 3 photos on here for your views. Thanks, Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 193
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
In the pictures it looks like it's eyes are bulging a lot. If it were my fish, I'd keep a very close eye on it , making sure it is able to swim and eat. At the first sign of distress, I'd humanly euthanize it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I recognised this question....after a little delving, it turns out this exact same problem was posted in Oct 12th 2016, when we were asked for opinions on its euthanasia, so I assume this the same fish? I would have thought that something would have been done by now to remedy this fishes ailment one way or the other......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the pictures it looks like it's eyes are bulging a lot. If it were my fish, I'd keep a very close eye on it , making sure it is able to swim and eat. At the first sign of distress, I'd humanly euthanize it.
That is because I was unable to put photos on here at that time, this has now been done.

Ask a Question