Growths on fish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering if anyone can tell what this growth is and how can I treat it? We were given this fish in a bad state, we treated it for white spot and it has had a new lease of life, it always had small growths on side of fins but over time they have grown like this, he eats and swims fine but would love to know if there was anything I could do to help him, many thanks
20200405_102212.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1586099973130.gif
@Mariaann
Sorry for you poor fish and it looks pretty bad but I can't tell you what it is. Hope someone here can. Looks sorta like tumors and they could be benign or not. The only way I know to tell would be to have a vet take them off and check them out. but most people are not gonna take a goldfish to the vets. If it was me and I could not find out the problem from anyone I would just let it be and as long as it is eating and getting along fine I would just let him live his happy life.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 127220@Mariaann
Sorry for you poor fish and it looks pretty bad but I can't tell you what it is. Hope someone here can. Looks sorta like tumors and they could be benign or not. The only way I know to tell would be to have a vet take them off and check them out. but most people are not gonna take a goldfish to the vets. If it was me and I could not find out the problem from anyone I would just let it be and as long as it is eating and getting along fine I would just let him live his happy life.
Thank you for replying, yes he seems really happy and I recon his been in our pond for about 3 years the growths were there then, but much smaller, but they don't seem to effect him he behaves the same as other fish in pond, and non of them have got this problem, so cant be catching, hopefully he will still live a long life!

Ask a Question