Hello from MI!

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello! My name is Michelle. I don't necessarily have a pond but would love to in the future. I do have one koi, Ron, and two goldfish named ruthie and Tyler. . We have had a tank for the last 6 years and have enjoyed being fish enthusiasts. I look forward to learning what I can on this forum :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 181

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and looks like some noce fish and I love relaxing by my pond when ever I get the chance .It is really a great hobby

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Shellysue did anyone ever tell you our hobby is very addictive :cupidarr: you fall in love with the hobby, then end up with more than one tank. :bouncycig: then you suddenly realize you have it bad espacially if you have named all your fish, which I see you already have....... oh no whoops to late :banana:
When you get short of space for them the garden becons........ .
We know weve been down that route which sarted out for my better half and I 27 years ago :bowdown: your now in your 6th year :cheerful: OMG fetch the Doctor .....
Enjoy read as much as you can about goldfish and how to keep them healthy and you cant go wrong

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

It has become addicting for us. We love our fish! I never realized how attached one can get to them. What started out as a goldfish won from the fair 6 years ago and being put into a punch bowl until I got a little 5 gal tank for it has turned into what I have now. I know a 55 gal tank is nothing compared to a gorgeous pond ... But it's a step up in our books. When we were looking at places to move into...we looked at a place that already had a pond... But the house was horrible. The only reason we considered it was for the pond :) I can dream for it someday though...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sellysue this was our main tank it heid with filters 220 imperial gallons or one ton held in for 22 years by 10mil glass all sides , 20ml bottom glass

dandv02.jpg

dandv01.jpg

Hope you liked it lol .

rgrds

Dave

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ALRIGHT... another Michiganian... our presence here on this forum is growing!! where abouts you from? i'm from Macomb myself.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dave, That is one awesome tank full of fish you have there!

I can only dream of a tank that big. Our house just wouldn't handle a tank of that size and weight. But if we ever move......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
bettasngoldfish said:
Dave, That is one awesome tank full of fish you have there!

I can only dream of a tank that big. Our house just wouldn't handle a tank of that size and weight. But if we ever move......
Why thanx those are kind words these tanks however got dirty and needed monthly maintenance bi-monthly for the two filters then there was the titanium chiller and last but not leasr the 15 watt U/V sterilizer and the koi 12 manifold air pump the airtec 40 thats 12 airstones. :bye2:
But i was a talking piece put some fishjeepers to shame lol I sold it for £600 not bad after 22 years service , its now a Marine aquarium and very nice too. :bowdown:

rgrds

Dave :blueflower:

Ask a Question