Help in sourcing Orfe up in Scottish Highlands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just joined to try and get some help. We used to have a great fish store in Inverness and I bought some orfe there over 20 years ago. Slowly I’ve lost some to herons and now down to my last fish who is now about 21 years old.
I really want to get a few more as I know they don’t like being on their own but no one sells them up here and can’t find any businesses that deliver to an IV postcode.
Is there any other type,of fish that I could put in with my Orfe that I might be able to buy more locally.

Thanks

Martin

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Helloparrot_.gif
and welcome @mnp1962
No clue on where to get Orfe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have goldfish in with my orfes and they get along fine. Others have koi with orfes. But I think they would really prefer to live with other orfes if possible.

Sorry you aren't able to find some where you are. Maybe a road trip is in order!

They may be my favorite fish in our pond.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yep, have koi/goldfish/catfish/pygmy sunfish in with my orfes and all do fine. I have about 10 orfes in there though. Like @WaterGardener said my understanding is they do best in schools with their own species, but I imagine it would prefer other fish in there with it to none at all.

One of my favorite fish too, I like watching them zoom around the pond.

Ask a Question