Help my goldfish is sick!

Reaction score
If I have to treat the water, is there any purpose of changing the water?
I was going to take it all completely out and get out whatever gunk is in there then put in fresh water.
I can put the sick fish in a tank and keep him in the house. I just hope he doens't freak out since he's always been outside.
This is all pretty over-whelming.

Reaction score
100% water changes arn't good and cleaning the pond like you say you want to do you'll just end up spreading bad bacteria around if you clean this way. it's like trying to clean a really dirty bathroom with a hose. the bacteria will stay and just spread around unless you use a cleaner which would kill your fish if you did this to your pond. you find that people will get sick fish after they clean there pond or filter because of this. if this is what you want to do. get PP it cleans your pond well and you can remove fish and do a high dose. then in a week do another lower dose with your fish in the pond. You can put your fish back into the pond right after you add peroxide and do a water change.
Just water changes won't help a parasite or bacteria problem. If you have poor water quality then it's good to do. or if your doing treatments to the pond with chems it's good to do.

Reaction score
good i am glad you read up on it. if you know how to use it, it's not so bad though. this same thing can be said about salt baths so don't close your mind off to it.

Ask a Question