Help needed urgently

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - the pond doctor has been to see all my fish - tested the water and did scrapes on the affected orf with red blotches and also on a well goldfish -
His findings are as follows - WATER - all perimeters 100% ok
He looked Under microscope and could not detect any costia he said the (red) orf has raised scales that are infected and slightly ulcerated on the gold fish he detected Flukes - as for. The White orf that sits at bottom ( poss ammonia intake on March 1) this fish could recover once temp rises he is not hopeful about my infected Orf but it is not costia or one of the other well known parasites he thinks it's an infection that that's spread -
COURSE OF ACTION - he advised no point in continuing with melacite and formalin
Discontinue - NEW TREATMENT is to be Anti ulcer finrot & flukes by NT Labs and switch off UV for 10 days - if after 10 days the affected orf (red blotches) has nt shown any improvement then he thinks the kindest thing to do is put it to sleep so to speak
So that's where I'm up to new treatment started and other white orf still spending 80% of time at bottom of pond - I hope this treatment works and can save the affected orf
I will post updates - thanks again to you all Nick

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank for the Update Nick so costia has been ruled out and flukes ruled in thats ok they have similar symptoms (should have picked up on the orfe on its side but I didnt).
He's recomended NTLabs Fluke treatment thats great personally I'd have bought Kusuri Fluke treatment which is one I have in reserve should it be needed (powder last longer),one to remember there mate which flukes did he say bosy or gil ?
However I cant understand your ammonia and where did it come from in the first place .
Your reading of 100% cant be right either it normally takes a little time togo down to nil using the API test kit fr ammonia

Dave

Ask a Question