sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have you tested your water or has anything been getting in your pond that could carry something on it's body .I have seen fish that react strangely to chemicals that are sprayed and the mist from sprayers can carry a long ways .Not sure where you are in NJ but I lived in Edison and had a fountaing pond that had fish that my son and his friend won at the carnival and a neighbor had her house pressure washed and the spray got in the fountain and foamed the water a little and the fish all died with in weeks .They had what looked like chemical burns on them and lumps after .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
To my eye, the fish appears egg bound.

Can you ask your vet for a referral to an aquatic vet? Are there any colleges near by that have a vet program....I know some koi dealers have university labs perform KHV tests of their koi. Heck, humans are doing virtual medical exams routinely due to covid...maybe you could get a virtual exam for this fish?

I absolutely agree about asking this question on Koiphen. Keep us posted.

Ask a Question