Help wanted with UV

Reaction score
Can any one help with regard to a UVAQ Clearmaster 8. I have had this exterior stand alone unit for at least 8 years but the Magnetic Ballast has now gone and needs replacing. I am 70 years old and am not internet savvy like the younger generation. I have searched but to no avail for a ballast to fit the said UV. It is a single tube of 14 watt, I have changed the uv tube and the starter but it only flashes on and off so I believe it is the ballast that needs changing as they are the only 3 components making it up. Can any one help has to were I can purchase a ballast for this unit. Thanks for looking in advance and if you require any further information please contact me Incidentally I live in the UK Kind Regards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I think that with the ballast gone then your UV-C needs to be replaced Eric I remember when our neighbour accidentally severed ours we had to replace the whole thing ,
Where abouts are you from in the UK , we are from Plymouth but have many contacts around the country koi wise including dealerships so I may be able to put you onto your nearest one who will probaly tell you the same thing but be able to sell you a new one.

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help with regard to a UVAQ Clearmaster 8. I have had this exterior stand alone unit for at least 8 years but the Magnetic Ballast has now gone and needs replacing. I am 70 years old and am not internet savvy like the younger generation. I have searched but to no avail for a ballast to fit the said UV. It is a single tube of 14 watt, I have changed the uv tube and the starter but it only flashes on and off so I believe it is the ballast that needs changing as they are the only 3 components making it up. Can any one help has to were I can purchase a ballast for this unit. Thanks for looking in advance and if you require any further information please contact me Incidentally I live in the UK Kind Regards.
Welcome to the Forum Eric , like you I have a ballast on my UV-C however I think that when they are gone there is no replacing them and you may have to scrap the UV-C for a new one.
I remember when our neighbour accidentally cut the wires to ours there was no way to replace it , we did sort of dury rig it for a while buy ended up having problems similar to yours.
Where abouts in the UK are you from my friend , I have alott of contacts in the koi world around the UK perhaps they could help with the place you'll need to go to buy a new UV-C

Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Eric , like you I have a ballast on my UV-C however I think that when they are gone there is no replacing them and you may have to scrap the UV-C for a new one.
I remember when our neighbour accidentally cut the wires to ours there was no way to replace it , we did sort of dury rig it for a while buy ended up having problems similar to yours.
Where abouts in the UK are you from my friend , I have alott of contacts in the koi world around the UK perhaps they could help with the place you'll need to go to buy a new UV-C

Dave
Hi Dave, sorry a bit late getting back to you but I have had a 2 day stay in hospital. I managed to find a magnetic ballast at a company called Helvar but the price on it was £22.50 plus Vat and postage. Weighing it all up it was cheaper to buy a new in the long run so I have ordered one on Amazon. I live in St Helens Merseyside mid way between Manchester and Liverpool. I appreciate the time you have taken to try and help, but with a bit of luck this will sort things out for me. Kind regards Eric

Ask a Question