Help With Suppliers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm guessing this poster is well under the age of 25... many in that age group are big into looking for others to blame for their own mistakes. One of my students blamed me for the fact he is failing all of his classes because I wouldn't let him go to his locker. Yup. That's what happened - didn't do a stitch of work all year, but that one trip to his locker would have solved the whole problem! :rolleyes:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wonder if this person got us mixed up with another forum.
o_O
Now that’s a polite answer! :pompous:

And we’ll also get blamed for any equipment we recommend. And @Lisak1 you are so right about the “ age group” comment. Problem is, too many of those youngsters grow up but they don’t grow up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep, something has happened to a whole generation. They want everything for free and blame everyone else but themselves for their problems.
Ok this is starting to sound political and millennials and it only took one crazy poster blaming everyone for his lack of homework.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not political at all - just a broad generalization. What could go wrong?
In todays United States Of America what could go wrong hmmm let me think ok i'm done thinking back to planning a pond and live in my little bubble.

But thank you for making me think things out a little more with a experienced eye being yours and others." the width of the shelves and depths

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
thanks for help im deleting my account you all are rude

I'm confused. If you feel like people were rude to you with their responses maybe you should go back and re-read your original post where you blamed everyone else for your problems and then demanded that they help you fix them. Were people really supposed to bow to your whim and fix ALL your problems and do ALL your research for you just because you were so "gracious" to give them a second chance?? A second chance at what? You never responded to your first post more than once or attempted to explain how the problem occured in the first place.

In summary, if you post something RUDE you are probably going to get RUDE responses.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@ShawnInfirmity 1st degree troll, apparently. Sadly, we see these occasionally. Wait until you see the folks who post and show no regard for their fish. They go into it already assuming that the fish are an expendable experiment, so naturally they don’t listen to any advice they are given — continue to do whatever it was that was causing an issue in the first place (IOW, when we suggest that 20, 24” koi in a 500 gallon pond might be a little overstocked —> elevated ammonia—> sick fish —> that die soon afterward — made up scenario, do course, but not too far from things we’ve seen). Then blame us because, (take your pick) “pond’s been like that for 15 years and never had a problem before now,” they choose not to listen when we explain cycling the pond, so they throw all the fish in on day one, but but it’s our fault when all the fish die, “‘the man at the store’ told them to ‘do it that way,’” “no, they didn’t quarantine those new fish that were obviously ill,” — but it’s still OUR fault that they died, and on, and on. Then, when we show concern for the well-being of their fish — you guessed it! They don’t care —they tell us that they’ll just go out, buy some more fish and start the process all over again. Yes, a few years ago someone was booted off the forum for showing blatant disregard for the fish!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm confused. If you feel like people were rude to you with their responses maybe you should go back and re-read your original post where you blamed everyone else for your problems and then demanded that they help you fix them. Were people really supposed to bow to your whim and fix ALL your problems and do ALL your research for you just because you were so "gracious" to give them a second chance?? A second chance at what? You never responded to your first post more than once or attempted to explain how the problem occured in the first place.

In summary, if you post something RUDE you are probably going to get RUDE responses.
if I am not mistaken they only deleted the screen name and came back as a new name. Theres a few new posts today with the same basic questions where can I find rock etc. and it's funny TBSAM DELETED THIS account yet we now have a Samuel who just joined today. Fishy is what we are about.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I thought the exact same thing @GBBUDD. A coincidence? Maybe, but it does make you go "hmmmmm..." :cautious:
might be just a second chance so will see where it goes.

I too have a reputation for coming off a bit gruff not my intent but when you work with grunts all your life if your not able to stand on your own you'll get run over. I love the facial expresions when guys / people find out I havea planted fish tank with little birdies above it and I take pictures of birds butterflies and pretty landscapes . it's definitely a bewildered look as this book cover does not lead you in that direction

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD and @Lisak1 Now don’t take my title away from me: “Super Snooper!” But at least it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who rolls eyes and gets the Spidy Senses activated! Yes, there are a few current ones, as we speak...and another one is about a pond coating product.

Yes, we are all about “fishy”! :bored::yawn::sleep:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
if I am not mistaken they only deleted the screen name and came back as a new name. Theres a few new posts today with the same basic questions where can I find rock etc. and it's funny TBSAM DELETED THIS account yet we now have a Samuel who just joined today. Fishy is what we are about.

Nice detective work! You are correct, they are the same person. I will ban both accounts (y)

Ask a Question