Help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
That's tough because of the size. For smaller fish I have used the clove oil. You put them to sleep with the clove oil and then overdose them with it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad I did not follow thru as it has rebounded when I added aeration and additional pump. Not swimming but at least horizontal ,good size abrasion on its side from hitting rocks in the pond, that I treated with stress coat and hope it recovers. Thanks for the replies.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you fed it any pea's? I have saved several fish that had equilibrium (swim bladder) problems with them. Try them it will not hurt the fish and mine love pea's. I just open a can and peel the skin off and feed. Don't feed food as you want them to eat the pea's.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1588950361898.gif
@Smpop
Happy you waited. Hope the fish recovers fully.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks again. The fish love the peas but the sick one is not eating, staying on the bottom of pond like they do in winter and not moving much but is still horizontal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had one like that too. I finally caught it and gently used a q-tip to push some down it's throat. It had came to the point it was going to die if I didn't do something. Its alive and is healthy today.

Ask a Question