Here we go...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Don't they make frog calls that you can use kind of like ducks calls? People would sure think we had gone off the deep end if we were all out in our yards calling frogs LOL. I am pretty sure my neighbors are already concerned about me LOL :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LIKE!
Do they really cuz I want some if they do! I'm gonna do a check right now on the net, thanks for the idea pecan..................and phooey, my neighbors already know I'm crackers!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
don't blame them pecan ,don't blame them lol.I 'm concerned about you also and thinking I need to add jw to the list .I'm 100% sane and will tell everyone that ,even if they don't believe me .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wonder if thats why my neighbors stare and then keep going as fast as they can

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My newest residents in the pond. I love listening to them talk to each other. Very friendly little guys!
photo (47).JPG photo (49).JPG

BTW Ladies.... Ya'll are cracking me up. :claphands:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
LOL, you ladies ... OMG! You had me ROFLMAO!!!! I liked the second one, too, JW, but why does that lady start singing twangy country music? I wanted to hear just the frogs and crickets! I used to have "frogs and crickets" as my text message sound, but it's not on my phone I got last year, darn it! Made it hard to realize it was my phone when I was outside in the yard in the spring and summer. LOL "Wait, is that my phone or the frogs?" Still hear no little peeper frogs squeaking. I've seen just a few cricket frogs, too, but they are being quiet so far. Maybe they know something we don't know ..... Little worried about the weather doing a quick presto chango on us here any day now ....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
PL, those look like toads! Check out what toad eggs look like on the internet! Bet they are coming to lay some eggs in your pond. I think they lay their eggs in the water. I never knew that, but someone pointed it out last year!
Here's a picture of toad eggs:
toad_eggs_1.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lotus tub has 5 different groups of those suckers now, big masses. They have been busy little toads.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, speaking of your lotus tub, remind me. You have it in a large tub, is it like a heavy duty black one? I have several that I planned to use one or two of for lotus (when I get my seeds sprouted! LOL), but wondering about them freezing and cracking in the winter. I want to make sure and use the correct type. Also, if this is the right type, I'm thinking of painting it on the outside to make it more eye appealing. :) At least until I can hide it somewhat with grasses and plants.
How are your plants and fish doing, PL? And, has your hubby started that deck extension yet? We're waiting for more pics! LOL See, when you start a project on here, I for one like to watch it to completion. It's our way of keeping the fire under ya til it's done. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have one of those 300 gallon stock tanks, round gray, tough thing. It is partially buried, the back side I put up a wood type fence covering with some foam insulation. Then we never had a bad enough winter to see if it helped lol. Mainly did not want it to freeze solid, that would kill the tubers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, well darn. Freeze will kill them, huh? Maybe I'd better put the lotus tubers on my list of things to bring inside then. I would assume that they would stay dormant if I kept them out of the lights and put them in the garage, too.
Which reminds me. I need to get my Thalia and other plants brought outside this evening! They are the last bunch that is still in the basement.

Ask a Question