Hi from Ontario

Reaction score
Hi everyone;

First off I want to congratulate you for this great community, last year my wife and I bought a house about an hour from Niagara Falls, our first house and to our enjoyment it had a in ground pond which we started to love although it wasn't in the best condition we decided to put a lot of work and love to it and so far after learning a lot about ponds and suffering some casualties is looking really good, I relocate the filter and added a pre fab pond just for plants and to create a small waterfall, also added an 8 watt UV clarifier, in my sig are some of the details of the pond, so, I'll be asking some questions here and there and also try to help others as well.

Juan.

Here are some pics, the order of the pictures will be time related.

dsc06931m.jpg

img0279i.jpg

img0371fl.jpg

img0390c.jpg

img0392aw.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome jp and at least you bought a really nice first pond ,ooops sorry I guess the first house you bought and the pond was an added bonus for you .:yikesu:.I hope you enjoy many years in your new home and can love it more with each passing year .I hope you can put up with us pond nuts .Think a few of us have been drinking our pond water :lol::lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh and by the looks of it you know what your doing, because it looks really great and water and fish look all nice and healthy and clean

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, believe me, I've done a lot of research since we moved in and still learning, about the healthy fish and water I don't know, I just stated a new threat about a current issue.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
fuzzballwelcome.gif
Juan
Very pretty pond and like how you added that preform for your plants and a waterfall :yikesu:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been looking for a preform with a lip on it like that around here and can not find one .Where did you get yours and do you remember the name of it .I know you are in Canada but maybe by chance I can find it here

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Juan :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I wish I could expand this pond and make it as nice as some of yours but living in a townhouse doesnt give you a lot of room to do it, instead I'm planing on building a Japanese bridge right on the center, not for walking on it tho but just for looks and I got to admit I got the bridge idea after visiting Dr Dave's site so thank you, is great being around people with so much knowledge and great ideas. :boldblue:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have had 4 fat inlaws on mine at one time and it held up. I should have taken a photo to use as a testimonial to it's design and strength.:lol:

Ask a Question