Hi From Texas!

Reaction score
fish 2014.jpg
I'm new to this site but have had a koi pond in my backyard for over 12 years. I have 14 koi in a 2000 gal pond with some water lilies & umbrella palms for plants/shade for my wet pets.
pond.jpg
I look forward to meeting new friends here & getting great new ideas & information! This is my pond and these are some of my fish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome from a fellow Texan. I am new here also, but I haven't built my pond yet. Maybe you can tell us about the details of your pond (filtration and such) and how you keep it so clean. Great looking fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome Sue! Sue and her husband are friends of ours. Sue and I initially met on a photography forum. I recently told her about you great folks and was so happy to learn she joined GPC.

North Texas is being well represented! :D

Way to go Lou! thanks for inviting them!

Reaction score
Welcome from SOUTH east Texas :)
Nice fish - i too have some palms - some really tall ones and a smaller palm that looks like yours...
acquired the pond with the house in Nov 2013 - but building up the fish again...
really like your fish :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome Sue. I have only had my pond since July 2013 and have enjoyed it very much. Cant wait till spring to start adding plants around the pond etc. First winter with the pond and a doozie of a winter it has been.
You have a nice pond. Great group of people here. Glad you joined us. :)

Ask a Question