sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can't hurt .some use string but it can rot and sag and heavy duty fishing line you can pull really tight .I have been thinking about replacing the window screen stuff I use but it keeps the fish from jumping out during spawning .Do you have neighborhood cats since your pond is in front could that be whats getting you fish also .You may need more protection around the edges .If you use rebar you can keep it closer to the ground and that way it is less visible .I used rebar on my neighbors pond but hooked the bird netting over it tight and it is low to the ground too .But can limit access for you to do your thing ,but can be easily on hooked for access also
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54144]

Reaction score
This is an update on the Koi Pond as well as a follow up to some of the pond videos that I've been doing (ie. Sioux Water Lily, Propagating Pond Plants, DIY Net Pot Plant Growth, etc...).

In This Video:
0:30 - Sharing My Plants On CraigsList
0:58 - Look at the new Water Lettuce
1:19 - Review the Net Pot that I made & the Plant Growth
1:48 - Treatment of Worms on Water Plants
3:00 - ViVor (Ultimate Survival BugOut Trailer
3:18 - New Baby Fish
3:47 - Sioux Water Lily Review
4:34 - Next Project = The Waterfall

Overall, the Koi Fish Pond has progressed nicely throughout the summer and the fish and plants are thriving. I can tell that we have a serious weakness in our filtration capacity and we need to amp it up. I also need to replace the UV light bulb and possibly put in a larger bulb. I have plans on putting in a skimmer as well as repairing the waterfall and hopefully building the a sand and gravel filter into the waterfall.

The Koi Fish and Gold Fish have procreated and now we have several baby half breads. My goal is to get rid of the gold fish and half breeds and give them to somebody that needs them and we will buy some nice high end Koi so that we can keep the breed as pure as possible. Or coarse, we want an all black one! haha

More to come soon, Wayne

Ask a Question