How do we care for baby fish?

Reaction score
My kids(7&9) wanted to raise some baby fish so I waited and found some eggs on my water hyacinths and put them in the baby pool that has had water in it for about 3 months. I have one goldfish in there to eat mosquitos and a few water plants along with a small aerator. I have seen 3 tiny tiny fish so I know some are alive but should I do any water changes? Not sure on the gallons of the pool but it is very big for these tiny babies for sure. I also added bulldog frog eggs today too so I have those to try and raise also. Any advice? Thanks Amber

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had 3 small goldfish in a 2.5 gallon tank over winter, tested the water off and on, no pump, no filter, put in a few floating plants. They did fine, the water did fine for the 3 months they were in it. They were in the deck pond, was worried it would freeze solid (not deep) but winter fooled us. Yours should be fine, check the water tests off and on and if they get off, do a partial water change.

Ask a Question