addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Awwwwwwwwwww sissy we would, of course, laugh just to ourselves.................and send you well wishes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Snicker, snicker..........can't wait to hear more and you must take more pics sissy! I would be leery also of snakes as you don't want to become one w/ one like happened to you on the mower! Hope you are wearing tall boots.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did take more pics but some not so clear and then stupid batteries going dead from turning camera on and off and zooming in and out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I guess since you have been having some warmer weather by you, the snakes may still be out and about. Maybe wait until you get a cold snap and then you won't have to worry. That's so neat that you have those old cabins near you! What in the world will the mill do with them? Guess they have no historic value or someone would surely offer to move them to a place they could be preserved. Thanks for letting us have a glimpse of the cabins. Be careful in those woods. That note from the mill won't help you if you fall and break a leg or something. Make sure you have your cell phone and it's charged and works in the woods. LOL We'll anxious wait for more pics. :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Keep my cell phone in my jacket with one of those clasps to keep it hooked to the jacket so I can not loose it or drop it .I have to get one for my camera too .I did not see any snakes ,just trpped over a lot of branches buried under the carpet of leaves .Littlepond wanted to see pics and since I was going out figure I would try to get down to the cabin .I know from talking to the lumber yard that the cabin belongs to the family for generations and that there great grandfather was born and raised in there and so was there grandfatherand father .So it must be a couple hundred years old as there father is 88 .I can not figure why they would not keep the house cleared out around it .Amazed at what great shape it was in .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Finding a house in the woods, like what you found, Sissy, is a great find! Take lots of pics if you get the chance to go back, and the others, too. Someday, maybe the great great grandchildren will learn that you took pics and be interested in their heritage. The owners probably have no interest in the cabins. Sad when family moves away and leaves their property unattended to. My ex and I bought some property that the owners had long since moved to other states. We contacted them, agreed on a price, but the dad, in his 80's at the time, said on one condition. That we would take him in the Jeep to see the property one more time. He also owned another piece where he was born, and that old house was still standing, but not in near as good of shape as the cabin you located. Still, it was fun to peek in the windows, didn't dare go onto the porch. :) No floor in the house, pretty worn down, but roof about 75% intact. He was just thrilled to see the old place, and to reminisce. I love history in that way. We bought the 20 acres along with the stories that went along with it, which made it all the more special. :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess most of the young these days are to interested in puters and cell phones than history and what it means .Lucky you country and you did a nice thing too .Shame that things like this are lost and never seen by people and appreciated .It shows people how things were built years ago and how they are still standing even though they are neglected .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Oh yeh and I'm sure you will be rolling on the floor laughing too .There are still about 7 houses out there I have not looked at yet ,but now with the leaves mostly down easier to get to them .Lets see first I fell down the hill then up the hill and then off the porch .I could just see everyone on here wetting there pants now .You will need adult diapers and wee wee pads :LOL: :LOL:
With all that falling, I hope you didn't break your hip flask! :beer:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No but sure have some good sized black and blue marks .I will get more loaded in littlepond .I have to finish taking pics of house and contents for new homeowners insurance company .Pain the butt taking all these pics and putting them on a disk and flash drive .

Reaction score
hi all from ireland,looking at a job today :razz: littlepond :razz:

Attachments

• dscf3703_185.jpg
    dscf3703_185.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 233
  • dscf3705_156.jpg
    dscf3705_156.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 211

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
was that a pond .Not sure but bucket with water and looks like a liner .I know you will work your magic and make it fantastic

Reaction score
hi sissy no it is not a pond.it is a granite standing stone bubbling rock,the ladys father started the job about 2 years ago ,he got sick so it was left idle ,her dad is hale and harty again ,but is not able to do dis kind of work any more.so she asked me to finished the project :razz: littlepond :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh ok like the besalt stones we use here .they go over a pondless water reservoir with water spitting up the center

Ask a Question