addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He never stops sissy, that will be neat to see littlepond when you get it done.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well we got a lot of rain last night but sunny and warm today and checking out my snails .Mad as heck at that mr bullfrog on e bay he refused to ship to me ,not sure why .I am going up to springdale water gardens here in VA ,they sell them for 1.25 each

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I looked, I got 2.25" of rain the last 3 days. Enough is enough! I already drained about an inch out of my pond over the weekend (used the skimmer-to-bog drain pipe) and tonight just let it run out while I fed the barn cats, horses, and checked on where the horses were (didn't find them either come to think of it ...). Hoping I got it down to at least where the skimmer can work properly.
I just looked back to the beginning here and see that this thread was started by "Littlepond", from Ireland. Can I assume that "Ponddigger" is the same person? I see the Ponddigger is ending the posts with "Littlepond", but I must have missed something along the way. Imagine that! LOL
Sissy, what did you try to order from Ebay that someone would not send to you, and you can get locally at $1.25?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was looking for trapdoor snails and for some strange reason he refuses to sell to me .So I found springdale water gardens in Greenville VA and they have them for a 1.25 and trish from springdale sent me pics with a measuring tape next to them and they are mostly over 2 inches .The other place was 19.99 and free shipping .So I will take a trip tommorrow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, those are the huge snails. I have some "mystery snails" in my inside aquariums, and they are really neat to watch. Probably 1.5" across and constantly moving. Can the trapdoors stay outside when the weather is below freezing? Maybe the guy didn't want to ship them in the frigid weather, for fear of them being temperature shocked this time of year. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, those are the huge snails. I have some "mystery snails" in my inside aquariums, and they are really neat to watch. Probably 1.5" across and constantly moving. Can the trapdoors stay outside when the weather is below freezing? Maybe the guy didn't want to ship them in the frigid weather, for fear of them being temperature shocked this time of year. :)

My trapdoors stay outside all year, they hibernate like the rest of the pond. Even gave me babies this year.........lol

Reaction score
hi all from ireland.wenesday evening.started the little job today.cleaned out basin of weeds and clay,i drilled the granit pier post,i used a half in drill first ,the i used a 1 in masonary ,it took about 2 hours to drill the granit pier post :razz: littlepond :razz: i had to change name and password to sign in

Attachments

• dscf3704_138.jpg
    dscf3704_138.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 188
  • dscf3706_165.jpg
    dscf3706_165.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 169
  • dscf3707_163.jpg
    dscf3707_163.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 205

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that's a job getting that drilled! Gonna look nice when finished. I've seen those bubbling rocks and have wanted one myself but figure they cost a lot to install. Wonder why you had to change your name and password? You should let Becky know and she can have it fixed for you I'm thinking.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is just one working boy............jw............... If I ever want a rock wall, fly him over to do it!

Reaction score
hi jw.the couple that i am working for got the old granite pier stone for nothing,you could drill any kind of stone so it should not be to dear the stone. :razz: littlepond :razz:

Reaction score
hi jw, sorry about any confusion.it means in ireland,that it should not cost much money :razz: littlepond :razz: off to bed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My trapdoors stay outside all year, they hibernate like the rest of the pond. Even gave me babies this year.........lol

Addy, would the trapdoor snails get into my bog, and if they did, can I assume that would be fine? Or, do they stay in the pond? I think that will be a purchase come spring for my pond! I sure love the "mystery snails" in my aquarium, and although I probably would not see them much in the pond, they probably do a lot of good work in the pond, if they are anything like the ones I have inside.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, would the trapdoor snails get into my bog, and if they did, can I assume that would be fine? Or, do they stay in the pond? I think that will be a purchase come spring for my pond! I sure love the "mystery snails" in my aquarium, and although I probably would not see them much in the pond, they probably do a lot of good work in the pond, if they are anything like the ones I have inside.

The trap doors stay in the water, they have not climbed out of the pond at all, do doubt they would get in the bog, at least they have not here

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hi jw, sorry about any confusion.it means in ireland,that it should not cost much money :razz: littlepond :razz: off to bed

Thanks for splaining it to me LP............duh I should have know about the stone being your moo la,lol!

Ask a Question