How to seal gaps in top of waterfall?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for all your ideas! I thought I'd let you know where we currently stand.

I disconnected the pump from the pipe that leads to the waterfall, and connected a 20' flexible hose to it. Then I placed the other end of the hose into the lowest waterfall step... and waited. Nothing happened! So I moved up a step, and still nothing happened. Then I placed it on the very top step just after the falls unit, and still nothing happened -- no leaks.

So I then capped off (at the skimmer end) the pipe that leads to the waterfall, and dumped some water into the falls tub. I marked the water level with some tape and we're just waiting to see what happens.

I should take up a poll... will the leak be in the underground pipe, the seal between the pipe and the falls, or the falls itself? :)

Oh, and as for removing rocks on the falls to get to the liner, I'm not sure how to go about that, as most of them are cemented into place!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
best way to find the leak one sections at a time, you will win the battle ...............eventually.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Smirk,
I would really give it a thorough check around the top of your waterfall, where the pipe discharges from your pump.

Reaction score
Just found this as I cleaned my waterfall pond and waterfall myself... Next project fixing the leaks on the waterfall. Will post photos.

I think a big issue with the pond on this pic and my own waterfall pond is that the pond is too small and the waterfall to big. Water evaporates very fast on a hot day on the rocks... so by the time it goes back down in the pond, even with no leak there will be a loss. It sucks... Most people design water gardens in a stupid way, just to make it look pretty but don't get all the problems that might come with it later.

I hope I ll fix the leak but i will get another pump and a spitter for this pond cos the waterfall can't be up and running 24/7 !

A good waterfall is more vertical than horizontal and the water should not travel too long before going back to the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If it is hot and humid it effects the drying time and the rocks will add heat .I know if I use it in the summer heat it takes time to dry and I press small pebbles and sand against it to help it cure and harden and shade the area .

Ask a Question