sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they said the same here too lowes in Reidsville NC and Mayodan and Martinsville VA and Danville VA .said they are being fazed out but that you could find them yet in some commercial sights .They are only using the solid panels .The only Home Depot we have is in Danville VA and they said the same and said that some stores still have them in stock but not them .In my travels I have checked a few and even went from the light fixture isle to the ceiling tile area to make sure .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
clemsonguy thats an interesting sight as a matter of fact thats what I do with my winter set up .I put everything in a bucket and put it in the pond for winter ,It works great too .

Reaction score
Thank, I think I'll do that and use the trash can as maybe a bog filter. Thanks my biggest fear is that there wouldn't be enough water getting in the bucket so I'll put the pump at the bottom and media at the top so water will always flow down.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats what I do in the winter I just add a piece of hose to the top of the pump and put it in the bucket and then put the media on top of it just make sure you have room so the pump can work good ,do not pack media to tight ,but I do put more holes that he had on his .I even use it in the pond during the year when it seems dirtier than normal .I have farms around me and when they plow there fields it puts a lot of dust into the air .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they even have how to make faux rocks on that sight and tons of other info clemsonguy .thank you for the sight

Reaction score
clemsonguy1125 said:

I built an in-pond filter of this type. It handles the N cycle just fine, but it doesn't clean the crud from the water well at all. When you pull it out of the pond, the gunk in the filter backwashes into the pond until you get it out of the pond and sprays all over you until you get it into some kind of container. Then you get to clean it. It's not rewarding to put a clean filter back in the pond when 50% of the debris it previously collected has just been returned to the pond.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That is reason enough to have a filter with a "dump valve" nothing goes back to the pond and best of all you don't have to get your hands wet. 45 seconds to clean it.

Ask a Question