sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome jimjam hope you can find fish for your natural pond .Here in Virginia they put catfish in there natural ponds and like one told me you want fish for dinner tonight honey get my fishing pole and dinners on:fish::biggrin::lol::lol:

Reaction score
jimjam said:
Will I need to feed these Rudd and Orfe, or can they survive in a pond this size on their own?
And if so, how often?
I'm only there to feed at weekends if needed.

They are hunters, more so than koi, I think they would do fine. Orfe are more delicate than koi though, some medications are hard on them. They also require more oxygen but other than that they may be more self-sufficient than koi, that includes avoiding predators as well, much faster and more alert.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmmmm how are you feeling wvairman and see you made it safely through the storms I was a little worried there guess they didn't hit down that way

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most fish, esp in a natural pond will do fine on their own. My goldies have not been fed yet. Some have been in the pond for almost 6 months. There is a lot of natural food to be had.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did not feed my goldies for the first several yrs that I had them and they did just fine. Then I just decided I wanted them to be my friends so I started feeding and now they love me. It's just a personal choice and they will do fine either way :)

Reaction score
sissy said:
hmmmm how are you feeling wvairman and see you made it safely through the storms I was a little worried there guess they didn't hit down that way

I'm doing better. The storms came close but missed.

Ask a Question