sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh gosh and they are saying it is getting worse .We have been in dark mode here since 5 and we got rain pretty steady for over an hour and thunder but no lightening .I hope you will all be alright .I have been keeping the weather channel on the tv and keeping my fingers crossed for you guys .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Also 700 pm here. Ugly clouds. No rain yet. Gusty winds, but not really bad. Just finished picking up and tying down stuff. I know I didn't get everything, but I hope that it's OK. Ordered Domino's pizza. About to hit the shower to get this stink off. Now the wait begins.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well darkness has fallen, the winds are continuing to blow at 25-40 mph, the rain is starting to come in bands, so far still only about .5 inches today. I checked the rain gauge and emptied it a few minutes ago so I could see what it brings overnight. Still have power, so far all is good.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thinking about you guys. Hoping all is well -- storm is still sitting down there.

LOL, projected path shows it coming STRAIGHT for Shreveport! Go figure! I'll be doing a few pond prep. things today myself.

Reaction score
I'm glued to the Weather Channel, and thinking of all of you who live in Isaac's path. It was inspiring to read about the preparations you were making. May you and all your loved ones, of all species, be safe.​

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Haven't heard how you are all doing down there in a few hours. Hope all is well and the storm passes thru w/o too much damage!
Anybody know what the weather is doing down there in the Southlands now?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just went on weather channel.com and typed in hammond and they are getting hit hard by rain now and most electric is out but mamaged to get one road cam that was still working the rest were either out or you could see nothing but the one shows a flooded road and trees blowing hard and heavy rain .fish in lives in hammond .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
5 pm it shows they will be in the red area of the rain and that is even a lot heavier than what I am looking at .I tried to look at a few other road cams but nothing now must have gotten knocked out and the one i could see is flashing so ready to go out too .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the ones i could get are now out hwy 51 and hwy 55 and hwy 12 now nothing and it shows the red zone to after 8 pm .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been watching the road cams and the airport ones there for hours on the puter and you could just see blowing rain and then for a few minutes when rain bands would go by you could just see water laying on the roads and the winds blowing things and guess as power went out nothing and Martin Luther King park was flooded also .I guess electric must be going out because i saw sparks coming out from some where ,I thought it was lightening at first .

Ask a Question