Hurricane Coming

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not as bad as I thought It would be for now. Having lived here all my life, I have been thru a few hurricanes, this one is taking forever to move on.

Wind blowing with gust and raining, but not horrible.

Both pumps running. Fish look happy. A few leaves and twigs have fallen in the pond, but nothing serious.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh the storm is really moving slow and seems like when you look at the weather channel it has not moved at all .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have not been able to get hold of my contacts but at least other states are sending people to help restore electric .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Anyone heard from Larkin or M-mann or anyone else that was in the path of that storm that hasn't been posting since this started? Guess they are w/o power and having to deal w/ lots of water on their properties prolly and hope it didn't wreck their ponds or hurt them or their fish :sad:
My DH's brother lives not far from Larkin and they made him leave his home as he was too near some levee on a river that might break. So he's stuck in a motel somewhere.

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
j.w. I have been thinking the same thing. Been worried and thinking about them. I am thinking its pretty bad where Larkin is. I do not know about the others. It is raining here now. I thought Sissy might know something. I had messaged Larkin about the log cabin right before this started and have not heard anything back. Been praying for them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Praying for them here too and hoping the storm didn't destroy everything that Larkin had just finished doing to his new property and M-mann and his beautiful lilies and all the work he put into his ponds too. Hope we hear from them all soon.

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
We're ok, a little damage to the greenhouses. The electricity went out at 11 tue night. Internet was out also and came back on this afternoon after I had left for work because their power plant was out. I'll send pics when I can. Larkin probably had to evacuate because of a damaged dam on the tangipahoa river.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We're ok, a little damage to the greenhouses. The electricity went out at 11 tue night. Internet was out also and came back on this afternoon after I had left for work because their power plant was out. I'll send pics when I can. Larkin probably had to evacuate because of a damaged dam on the tangipahoa river.

wow I hope it holds and does not ruin all he has done or hurt his family. Glad you and yours are ok minnowman

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Glad to hear you're all right, Minnowman. Hope your waterlilies recover quickly.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least it is closer to end of season for lilies and they seem to be hardy enough to stand up to this .Glad to hear minnow and good also that you pond was not down long also .Only thing i can get on the net is the hammond area was told to evacuate but knowing larkin he was not going to leave without a fight .I know I would want to stay and see about my ponds and fish and home i had put so much work into also .

Ask a Question