j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well shut my mouth they are around here but not so much anymore near a town called Stanwood which is a hops skip away from here:

When and Where to Find in Washington

As a breeding bird, the Black-crowned Night-Heron is mostly limited to the central and southern Columbia Basin, where it is common in appropriate habitat. Breeding is common at Potholes and McNary National Wildlife Refuges and uncommon along the Walla Walla, Touchet, and other rivers and creeks flowing through Walla Walla County. Although a rare occurrence, Black-crowned Night-herons have been known to breed in western Washington's eastern Puget Trough lowlands. In the winter, they are reported occasionally at Grays Harbor and around Olympia. Winter roosts are also found in the Tri-Cities area and along the Columbia River. They also winter in small numbers on Fir Island (Skagit County). For many years there has been one aberant regular winter roost within the town of Stanwood (Snohomish County), but it has not been occupied for several years.

Ask a Question