sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Only thing I found out about roofing stuff is some of it contains an algaecide in it .What I found was areas where humidity is higher they produce the rubber roofing with it in

Reaction score
If it's a 20x20 liner and you had to cut some off why is there a seam? I would put it over the old liner to cushion it. Under my liner I have an old swimming pool liner and an old rug.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have pvc liner under both my filters ,if they leak it can only go back into the pond .It was doubled over and more flexible for under both filters and easier to hide than epdm .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If it's a 20x20 liner and you had to cut some off why is there a seam? I would put it over the old liner to cushion it. Under my liner I have an old swimming pool liner and an old rug.
Liner comes with manufacturer seams in it. They are subtle, you might have missed it, but they are there and done differently than what we would do with an after the fact seaming kit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
epdm has factory seams but the pvc I have seen has no seams
Ithink if pvc is over 25mm , in factories thermal bonding is done , makes it one piece without promenent seam but who knows may b some factories r manufacturing 20ft one piece too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I don't have actual "underlay". I put down a healthy layer of hay, and my dad had an old solar blanket from his pool (think bubble wrap). It has a pretty good cushion under the liner.
Thts good , its purpose is to prevent direct contact with soil or rocks , if some one hv alot of roots then thick cardboard or newspapper , fabric is used.
If u remove old one and hv planes to use it for smaller prepond or bog , stream then u can save money otherwise it will b alot easy to lay new liner over old one ,will save alotof work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thts good , its purpose is to prevent direct contact with soil or rocks , if some one hv alot of roots then thick cardboard or newspapper , fabric is used.
If u remove old one and hv planes to use it for smaller prepond or bog , stream then u can save money otherwise it will b alot easy to lay new liner over old one ,will save alotof work.
Can someone translate this?

Ask a Question