I made this so I could see better under the water

Reaction score
The reflection of the sky on the top of my pond's water makes it difficult to see below the surface so I made this...

I gathered a small plastic storage box, a scrap piece of clear Plexiglas, and some silicon caulk. First I cut the Plexiglas slightly larger than the box (being sure to sand down sharp edges) and then I cut an opening in the bottom of the box. Finally, I gooped the edge of the box with silicon and turned it upside down onto the Plexiglas and put a heavy weight on it and waited 24 hours.

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

It works great! With my pond being raised it is easy for me to use this while bending over so this design might not be a good thing for ground level ponds. I quickly realized that I could also get some nice videos of the fish with my phone (just being V-E-R-Y careful not to drop the phone in the water).

Thanks

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
WOW! What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

PS -- glad to know we're not the only ones who laid the liner so the fish could read it .... Ours says "fish safe," just so they'll know.... ;)

Reaction score
Mmathis said:
PS -- glad to know we're not the only ones who laid the liner so the fish could read it .... Ours says "fish safe," just so they'll know.... ;)
I got so mad at myself...had I realized that the words were visible when I put the liner in I would have flipped it over. I guess I had tunnel vision and was focused only on getting it in place. It was not until after I had made cuts for the skimmer did I "see" the blue words. sigh...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A glass bottom boat tub! how neat of an idea.

Ask a Question