I messed up on my new pond :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I saw the neatest idea for a gravel path the other day. The basic idea uses that metal edging material that you use for edging flower beds. You run four strips - two on each side, about 6-8 inches apart, and leaving the width of the path between them. You can then fill the path with one type of gravel and fill the two outer strips with a "prettier" - generally more expensive - gravel to give a gravel path a bit of an upgraded look. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Our path is just flagstone steppers, but I think it's a really pretty look and it does tell people where to put their feet so they aren't stepping on things you'd rather they didn't.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hey Fish guy. I agree with the posts above. Just hit a few rocks with water from a hose coming from a pump and your done! I’m going to show you a pic from my pond. There is a big sedge that has water spraying out on each side. On the right there is a pump sucking in water and spraying it on the left side. On the left side is a pump taking in water and spraying it on the right side. There is also an intake on the left side taking the water to an external pump and bead filter and then it comes out on the right side. What you don’t see is an air pump and bog pump feeding the far side of the pond. Its pretty easy to improvise even if you have a limited space!View attachment 134471
wonderful to see something like that! as that is a farily tights space just like I have :)

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I saw the neatest idea for a gravel path the other day. The basic idea uses that metal edging material that you use for edging flower beds. You run four strips - two on each side, about 6-8 inches apart, and leaving the width of the path between them. You can then fill the path with one type of gravel and fill the two outer strips with a "prettier" - generally more expensive - gravel to give a gravel path a bit of an upgraded look. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Our path is just flagstone steppers, but I think it's a really pretty look and it does tell people where to put their feet so they aren't stepping on things you'd rather they didn't.
now thats got me thinkin!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
lol you never stop thinking. Her path is nice, a good wander to your pond to look at all your beautiful fish and plants. Make sure you have a bench area to sit and relax.
the table and chairs are going in the outcropping around the apple tree, nothing fancy :)

Ask a Question