Internal Parasites/Worms?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Over the months I have treated multiple times with Prazi pro, prazi/metro medicated food and currently feeding metro/focus and garlic guard food.

I still wonder if it's the amount of medicating that you're doing that's causing the results you're seeing. Prazi will cause the white stringy poop from my limited experience using it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Actually, it did. It said to let a vet examine the stool. To treat something, you have to know what’s going on. Is it internal parasites or is it something else? Maybe take a stool specimen (a fresh one) to your veterinarian and let them do a fecal float test. If it’s negative, then you’re not dealing with an internal parasite. If the fish is female, she could be ready to spawn or be egg-bound. The fish could have dropsy. It could be a tumor. My philosophy is to not blindly treat. There may not be anything there to treat, or you could be treating for the wrong thing. Personally, I think your fish look healthy, but I am far from an expert. Have you done a Google search for “stool abnormalities,” or “koi with swollen belly?”
Yes I have researched. I will check with my vet and see if they can do the stool test for the fish. They don't treat fish there, but may do the sample.

Ask a Question