sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't pay no monthly fees and I have free cloud with mine .I can buy more expensive cameras if I want too .had mine since 2014 .I even bought a little square camera that I can put in my vehicle that was 8 dollars that I can put in whichever vehicle or you can mount it to a bike .I installed and ran the wires through the attic
100_4879.JPG
100_4886.JPG

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Nice setup Sissy as we talked about in the past, but I want wifi. I might put one right at the pond some 50-60 ft away on a hill.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Amazing camera but don't see where it could be used outdoors.
They do have outside versions but again doubt these things will work at -30. Pull them in for winter I guess as indoor security.

Addy, reading that link does it say I can monitor it on the iphone or laptop remotely? I'm not up on the tech talk, 3rd party, apps etc.

Hows the forum doing this year?
Thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, reading that link does it say I can monitor it on the iphone or laptop remotely? I'm not up on the tech talk, 3rd party, apps etc.
From what I am reading yes. I have some that we use that are similar. We log into their cloud and can see the clips.

Wi-Fi radio to connect to your home network and will send a push notification to your phone when motion or sound is detected. It will also record a 12-second video clip with pre-buffering, which records the six seconds of activity prior to the trigger. The camera knows to listen for the sound of a smoke or CO alarm and will send a push alert when detected. Video is stored in the cloud for free for 14 days before it is overwritten, but if you manually record video and take snapshots, they will be stored locally on your phone and can be accessed via the Wyze Video and Photos Album

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But wifi means the camera needs a battery and batteries are not rated for low temperatures .They will explode .I even had a battery on my driveway alarm explode at 10 degrees

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why not get the camera I got for my set up ,it zooms in .I got it for the mailbox because someone stole mail from our box .Since the mail lady picks our mail up at the house I may put it on the pond and put that camera at the other one .I use my puter to zoom it in and out .

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wifi cameras are 110 v or battery style. No don't want the older hard wired system, times are changing lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I won't have wifi as it gives other people a chance to see you coming and going .I know they can hack anything these days but I want secure and the cloud can be hacked and makes me worry .I have my really secure but it means nothing these days .Even my sister was out and her samsung cell phone was hacked this past weekend

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have the Samsung Wisenet setup. 8 channel DVR with a 1 TB hard drive. The cameras are wired and have adjustable focal points. Great picture day and night.
I previously had an older Zmoto setup which was a pain because you needed to setup port forwarding. It constantly would lose its settings and the port forwarding would need to be reconfigured. The Samsung unit was a plug and play through the Wi-Fi. Real simple setup. Both systems can be viewed remotely on any device for free. No monthly fees....nothing.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have the Samsung Wisenet setup. 8 channel DVR with a 1 TB hard drive. The cameras are wired and have adjustable focal points. Great picture day and night.
I previously had an older Zmoto setup which was a pain because you needed to setup port forwarding. It constantly would lose its settings and the port forwarding would need to be reconfigured. The Samsung unit was a plug and play through the Wi-Fi. Real simple setup. Both systems can be viewed remotely on any device for free. No monthly fees....nothing.
Wired for power only?

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I won't have wifi as it gives other people a chance to see you coming and going .I know they can hack anything these days but I want secure and the cloud can be hacked and makes me worry .I have my really secure but it means nothing these days .Even my sister was out and her samsung cell phone was hacked this past weekend
I'm told this also the wifi can be jammed but really the average punk won't have this device.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wired for power only?
The thin wire has the video and power incorporated into it. You have to run the wire, but there's no worry about camera batteries or wireless Wi-Fi interference.

I want to also note for others...
The previous setup I had was an older Zmoto brand and you had to configure port forwarding with your router. Every time there was a power outage or brown-out the settings were lost. Sometimes my cable company would change things and that would mess it up too. A real pain. I would call Zmoto every time for them to remotely reset my port forwarding. I couldn't figure it out myself. I will say that their support was fantastic even after several years of ownership of obsolete devices. I don't mean to bash Zmoto at all... I'll bet their newer devices are more user friendly.
So, look for easy setup devices. Plus there are some really nice cameras made now too. HD, pan/tilt/zoom, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Most of these systems are great. Even the lower end ones have great features. The Samsung Wisenet kits are under $200 for a 4 channel DVR kit and under $300 for an 8 channel kit. They come with everything you need. They may not be top of the line, but they have a nice picture and many options you can use/setup. I can view live feed, search and play back the DVR, and even record on my phone anywhere I am without any subscription or cloud.

As I said before, if you don't want to go through all the installation or cost of one of these systems, you can always get a trail camera. The batteries last a long time in these things. They have great resolution, record stills or videos onto an SD card day or night and have many options to choose from in their menus. Moultrie is the popular brand out there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine are fine and the cost was great and have not had 1 problem yet .So my 89 dollars was well worth it and well spent .I am just cheap .But I do like the zoom in camera I got to add to it .I have the 8 camera one at the other house and it works great also and I can check on everything including the horses and that the property is maintained

Ask a Question