Is the hot weather affecting your pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
we had a rain shower last night...that will only make it worse here this afternoon...ugh and I wanted to go camping this weekend...not with it going to be 101 tmrw!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
j.w said:
Pond is 63* and outside temp is 65*. Had to wear a sweater yesterday. All's well here :lol:

ha ha jw ...im glad im not the only one with rotten weather ...you people could some of it here, still waiting for summer but i don't think its going to happen :( weather exactly the same temps as j w

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw your lucky to not have this heat and humidity .Just breathing out side gets to you

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I am sissy, very thankful to be comfortably cool. Sun is shining tho but just nice and warm feeling.

Reaction score
I've noticed with the plants covering the surface the ponds hovers in the mid 80's. I'll have to thank koi guy for that. Those planter rings worked magic.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a ton of plants covering the pond, 50 plus % they do help.

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Mild temps here, mostly high 70s with a very cool wind the last few nights. I just put a long sleeve top on and my DH put a sweatshirt on to go outside and mess with the pond a bit. I am NOT joining him. lol The pond has been 72 for the last week. I have a few water lily blooms but nothing from the hyacinths. Just not warm enough. Maybe next month. We usually heat up a bit in August.

I hope those of you with hot temps get some relief soon!

Diana

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It seem like the plants in my pond are growing at an incredible rate. If I didn't pull out 5 or 10 every day I would be at 100% coverage in a few days. It is starting to look like one of those bog filters, but the plants are keeping the water cool. Every bird in the neighborhood has been stopping by to cool down and either drink some water or take a bath. My fish seem to be pretty happy and are zipping around under the plants, the only problem is it's hard to see them. I had a small orange comet go from solid orange to almost all white in the last two weeks and wonder if the hot weather is somehow doing it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The birds are loving us right now, even saw a squirrel in the water yesterday(in the stream), not sure if he fell in or was getting cool.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh believe it or not we may get up to 80* today...........yippee :cool::claphands:

Ask a Question