Is the hot weather affecting your pond?

Reaction score
It's way to stinkin hot!!! The weather people say it's 95 but all the thermometers in town and the one in my car say 100 degrees. We went to Petsmart to look at butterfly koi, yes I said I was not going to buy any more koi but I would like a male butterfly. Anyway stepping out of the car and on to the blacktop about made me pass out. I thought about all the poor dogs that people bring with them and have to walk across the parking lot.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding we are cooler today...............lol............96 and only 115 heat index. Way better than 131 we had yesterday.

My pup only goes out first thing in am, she is 11 and I sure don't want her passing out with the heat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We just had a bad storm role past and it cooled it down some and we got some much needed rain.But gosh what a storm it was

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are so dry, the storms keep missing us.

Reaction score
here in Tucson it's ALWAYS hot in the summer, so nothing new. My pond is partially in the shade much of the day, and has a lot of covering plants. At least it's less humid here generally, although now is the monsoon, so it is more humid and rains almost every evening.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats what was happening here but this storm hit with such force it was amazing .Wind ,thunder and lightening really were something .It did cool it down a lot and we really needed the rain .But I'm sure the cool down will not last and it will get steamy hot out .At least the plants got watered

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have not had a drop of rain in over 3 weeks so this was welcomed with open arms

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We had a quicky storm fly by here dropped down to 81 but now it's right back up to 94 again...at least the sun will be going down here soon as were heading off to the fair here. Ya the sun is shining again...

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
rebelangel_3733 said:
We had a quicky storm fly by here dropped down to 81 but now it's right back up to 94 again...at least the sun will be going down here soon as were heading off to the fair here. Ya the sun is shining again...

Well, at least it was a quick storm and not a tornado. We were visiting relatives in your state once and had a near miss with a tornado. It was our first experience with one and I can honestly say I'll take our earthquakes any day! lol I did love visiting your state though, especially since I am a Willa Cather fan.

Have fun at the fair! :lol:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
yup we be the cows, corn and occassional tornado state lol oh and this year the humid state (feel like I'm living in mississippi/florida lately)

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
rebelangel_3733 said:
yup we be the cows, corn and occassional tornado state lol oh and this year the humid state (feel like I'm living in mississippi/florida lately)

Too funny! We did see a lots of cows. But the most corn we saw was in Indiana. Seemed to be on every corner. No wonder folks there give directions like "turn left at the first corn field." :lol: Best corn I've ever tasted, though. Darn - making myself hungry.

Hmmm, do koi like corn?

Ask a Question