addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We head home next week, bet I can turn my pond on again, it will be in the 50's and maybe stay there, maybe.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish they would leave it at daylight savings all year as love the light lasting longer

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
See totally different here Lou.................we long for more warmth and dryness. If I had the heat problems you have I bet I would feel different about it also

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love having seasons, arizona was just too hot all of the time, maybe a month or two of coolness. Many Christmas's were 85-90 degrees.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love having seasons too Addy, I just wish the cold ones were shorter :(
Very true, with honey retired we can run away to the heat now in the winter. Get a taste of snow, ice cold then bale lol.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pond season is definitely starting up down here in the south. New leaves on the water lilies are starting to form down deep. Fish are becoming more and more active, Louisiana Iris are starting to really put on new growth. Female Koi are starting to plump up. I need the water the warm up a little more so I can make a dip in the pond and make a quick repair. Water temps are already 69, I'm shooting for closer to 75 before attempting the dive in. Hopefully we are almost done with the freezing temps this year. Got really close this week but only got to 33 for a couple of hours and back up to 62 today and 75 for Saturday. Even the Japanese magnolia is just about to start it's spring bloom announcing pond season and spring are right around the corner.

Ask a Question