addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I don't name number count, too hard to even tell who is there and who is not. Too many places they can hide.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yep. Some of mine are named, some of them are numbered (baby #1 from 2007). I like to keep track of how old they get. I have 2 fish that are 10, 2 that are 9, 4 babies that are 8, 2 that are 6 and 2 babies that are 5. I guess if I had as much room and as many fish as Addy I couldn't do that, but I have a smaller pond and need to keep the fish load low. And my fish do look a little different so I can do this.
all (2), 3 koi, 4 gf, 1 shubunkin.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my goodness Cas they are beautiful. I sit in the morning and throw them a few pellets of food and do a count. I am waiting for them to get a little bigger so I can find them easier. My yellow guy doesn't come out as much as the others but I saw 5 of them this morning. I hope the algae is enough for them to eat, they only eat a few pellets each in the morning.
And thank you guys, I think they are pretty cute myself.
And sissy, bite your tongue!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do notice a few that stand out, like the three HUGE female subbies, they are (without tail size) around 8 inches. They munched on my toes while I was grooming the pond. Two blue and black markings, one more orange and black. Tons of multi colored fry, they have gone fry crazy this year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw 5 of them this morning.
I have six fan tails in my SMALL deck pond, no where to really hide except under the bog bean. I only saw 4 for weeks, finally saw all six again. So if you miss a few wait they usually will show back up.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have six fan tails in my SMALL deck pond, no where to really hide except under the bog bean. I only saw 4 for weeks, finally saw all six again. So if you miss a few wait they usually will show back up.
Yeah I wasn't too worried, my pond is a little cloudy this morning from the ton of rain we got yesterday and the day before. Him and one of the reds usually hide out and I wasn't able to hang out for long this morning.

Ask a Question