Keep your one-sided Anti-American forum...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well at least if you call it pondwater that will confuse them long enough for you to sober up or run like heck ,notice I said heck

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hey, have you ever seen "Firewater"? My kid sister lived by a lake, and their well water contained methane. You could fill a bottle with water, cap it, and then hold a match near the neck as you opened it. The water would actually burn as the methane gassed off! :eek:
John

Well, I'm off to the big swamp for a few days. Heading to Point Pelee on Lake Erie for a mini-vacation. Will take pictures. See if they download.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow that would be a little scary. So what did they drink? or could they drink it when it gassed off

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Wow that would be a little scary. So what did they drink? or could they drink it when it gassed off

Methane in well water is common here in Alberta.
It's not a health hazard unless there is a shed built over the well head where the methane can build up and cause an explosion hazard.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
firewater is what Chief Hicks of the Cherokee Nation in NC calls alcohol that we drink .I was amazed when speaking to him that they still referred to it by it's old name .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Mitch, never heard of it. We just have normal everyday well water. A little acidic, but tastes darn good

Ask a Question