j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool that they are still all living and love seeing the pics! I can see the growth in them each time you post! Good job Matt!

Reaction score
Let's see day 10 since hatch everybody was alive when I woke up always a good day in my opinion nobody is going crazy for frozen Rotifers of any pulverized food be it flakes pellets or pond food so I just try to keep a good amount of fresh brine swimming around at all times so they can eat at their own pace here's some pics all getting very close to being Half an inch long temp is usually around 72-76 I hear of ppl using higher temps even up to 84 and it speeds them up anybody know anything about this please chime in I'd love to hear about success with doing this or if it doesn't help tht also works for me even opinions if no personal experience ad as always good pics by Amanda
972c1226.jpg

1a631971.jpg

e7d65010.jpg

2fd7db64.jpg

fc8b1d92.jpg

And the money shot brine shrimp bait ball with koi hitting them like tiny sharks
52b0beae.jpg

Great full body shot
3cc12152.jpg

Enjoy 84 degrees to speed up fry growth anybodys thoughts

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, great shots, and now I realize that in all the other pics, the tiny specks of things I would see in the water column were the brine shrimp swimming around. That is a HUGE amount of brine shrimp you put in there. Do they eat the majority of it when you first put it in there, or do the shrimp live for quite a long time, so it's fine to leave them swimming around for future meals for the babies? Very nice pics again, Amanda!
Oh, Matt, why do the babies now have red on their undersides? I assume that is totally normal, just wondering since most of the close ups show that now. Maybe new innards developing? Thanks for sharing more pics!

Reaction score
I keep a ammonia meter and feed generously often they brine do fine for a couple hours swimming near the light so I just dump them in but I also vacuums the entire bottom and the rocks and plants like 3-5 times a day about 4 gallons a day and I always have another 7 gallon water tank with conditer in it aging I call it marinating but justetting the chem work the red I bealiv it to be intestinal track tummy to but basically all seem pretty normal looking as far as no deformed ones most are now highliter yellow only a few still pale or pinkish

Reaction score
Went ahead and got a 150 watt heater gonna up my average temp from 72-76 it drops at night because all the lights go off n my room is about 67 degrees at night so when I wake up n the am it's always n the low 70 Down to 68 and I know temp swings are bad for adult fish just trying to fix problems before thru occur it's easier that way.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are so protective of those little one's! I bet you can't wait to get up in the morning and see that they are all doing well............can you sleep at night,lol? I would be the same way if they were my babies!

Reaction score
I'm a can't help it it just part of who I'm I keep the light on when I wake up and leave it on till 1 sometimes 2 in the morning they grow so fast it's very rewarding zlotys work but def worth it I'll be more ready next time I could keep 350 in my 55 for probably a month so I'll be putting this guys up in a 110 gallon stock pond if they are strong enuf

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures, love that last one!

Reaction score
Day 13 as of just now midnight full organs average size almost half inch big surprise for their 2 week birth day I'll show y'all 2 marrow def starting to cost but still cheaper then buying 80 full 1 year old koi here's the pics
Best pic I've ever seen anywhere google 13 day old koi u won't get a pic with organs I promise
732e0d84.jpg

Black tail spots black shows up first fingers crossed for showa
2191465a.jpg

Group shot
e67e1761.jpg

Eating from the surface while another dudes chilling in focus
806541d2.jpg

Tonight at 945 makes two weeks alive with only one confirmed loss and all now it freeze dried food

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your a good fish daddy. Those are wonderful pictures. Great job. (post one in the picture of the month contest area)

Ask a Question