Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
Info on the stock pond mines just last year's model lmao ill bet it's about 3 years old easily it just sat up there because it's not rubbermaid till I shoved it in the mini cooper and took it home ill measure it later to see if it's the 100 gallon or the 150 worth taking a look it will one day be my filter when I buy a bigger one for my next spawn so I'm not so sure the butterfly Koi is related to these babies its dad is a tancho with black patches not a perfect circle at all just a red face so I guess that the big white with the really deep red patches is definitely the baby momma but who's the baby daddy not to sure anymore considering males can be daddy's really young and I'd say I have 3 Koi that are possible fathers if their male stay with me will find the baby daddy lmao here's the stock tank info

http://www.highcountryplastics.com/products/w155.html

Reaction score
So everyday since the koi started eating Ive been turning the light on at about 6 in the am and cut it off at about 12-2 am basically ad long as I can stay up. I change the water 7 gallons at a time 3-5 times a day always letting the Fresh 7 sit and age in the chlorine remover I have to 7 gallon jugs I picked up in a camping store for 7$ each had been using for my reef. Went ahead and treated the stock pond for ich this am because I put the a ts in ill have to wait two weeks to feel like all the bad things are gone but with the uv goin as slow is I got it running if their is any it's gonna be gone it 2 days tops but I'm was going for 100% surivial rate from egg to adult I'm at 99% I can only confirm tht one died I think it was killed by a bug tht came in as an egg on the plants I got at Jefferson feed I found it the day I found the dead one still not over tht loss making me more careful I'll remove a the plants to check for bugs and do a bleach dip if I need to but by the time they get outside they should be big enuf to eat any bugs I miss and here's pics of stuff

Tiny wooden carved japaneese garden scene with cranes for lucky happy success
a2ee6945.jpg

Foods
629b39dd.jpg

Only thing blocking the filter intake clean daily
6f8a3bd5.jpg

3 times a day
7cacd5ba.jpg

Algee wafers chopped in 10 small prices use 3 prices and let sit all day suck out at last cleaning of the night whats left of them
46de139e.jpg

Bubbler all the way to the left of the tank pump to the right keep the flow pretty good fish that are moving all day use more energy and grow more while pooing less and keeping them from being fat and lazy and short but not to much flow to have long thin fish which are also not desirable
43635162.jpg

Also soaking food for a few minutes to swell up will keep it from swelling up in their bellys also the live ammonia meter I got for 15$ def beats testing it's not as accurate as my reef test kits which I never use it's alot less accurate but I don't let it hey past 0.02 and it's only got tht high once because I didn't think the damn thing work so I let the wager get funky one day by funky I mean I let the food sit on the bottom and the poo for about 10 hours
dd0c3f45.jpg

Call this post behind the scenes the reality of how much work this really is I've just read everything I can get my hands on about raising and culling and breeding and what to look for and everything else and used alotta common cents any rule that says so many fish per gallon so many grams of food per fish and anything that is a rule like that doesn't apply to your situation u have to look what u have and make it work what works for me might not work for u and vise versa only siths deal in absloutes as with any other fish clean water exchanges done right work best hope somebody some where gets use from this I know I've used good info from tons people's blogs so here's me finally giving back info

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you have everything down pat to a science and you said you are going to do this again next year right? Lots of work but looks like you really enjoy doing it! I applaud you
outstanding9.gif

Reaction score
Sounds like you have everything down pat to a science and you said you are going to do this again next year right? Lots of work but looks like you really enjoy doing it! I applaud you
outstanding9.gif

That's the thing about science it's not an exact science lmao next year yea then to but next full moon is on the 6th so tht shoul be my next batch if not then they say u can get them to spawn every season but winter In certin climates so fingers crossed

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow you are gonna start again already w/ the next full moon this month?.........................WOW you got moxie Matt!

Reaction score
I don't hav a choice I want to have a show koi tht wins in a national show and I want it to be raised from egg by me I want a Showa winner tancho winner and a solid red koi not orange deep red maybe with a white spot like a reverse tancho kohaku modest dreams lmao

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If you ever get a reverse Tancho, I want to see it! Never seen one before, that is. Have you? And, it's great to aspire for high goals. That's what life is all about. Go get 'em, Matt!!!

Reaction score
Ok so since last up date ive put 49 fry outside in the stock pond I'm working on picking up a pond my bro built 2 years ago at one of my family's rental properties it's 16 foot long by 3 foot wide by 3 ft tall. Let's see about a week ago my nephew Whois 3 dumped every jar bottle and jug of fish food coral food freeze dried food algae wafers and fish flakes tht I didn't kno I had in my tank took about 4 hours to get it all out and put 50% new water in very tricky to not add to much fresh water ended up losing one koi umm my photographer quit Aka we broke up so all pics R mine now not the best quality but u can see some starting to look like big momma white with yellow patches some are still solid yellow some are solid white but all are loved enuf of my sad story here's some happy pics enjoy sorry for taking so long gotta lot on my plate right not and I'm not hungry so with out further adue my pics from just now

ee0ff7c3.jpg

0ca41f7a.jpg

914dc220.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are looking like real fish! lol, nice pictures.

Reaction score
My fav koi theirs about 10 like him or her I'm sure I'll end up with more because every day I see new white ones getting yellow spots. Remember when these were eggs and my speciality was Zoanthid corals I'm just glad the koi fry are more forgiving only lost 2 while learning the dos and don't big thanks to everyone for reading and thinks to everyone who put the info in forums without which I'd be lost because every koi farm I tried to talk to shut me down or told me info tht was def not true like the farm near me who said I should just stop wasting my money raising these koi and but their 3 inch koi for 5$ each for po d quality koi lmfao I've got 80 pond quality tht I'll be giving away as it turns out I'm not allowed to go to tht koi farm because I just let him tell me all the it's impossible for me to end up with any decent koi since I've never done it b4 well momma was wrong again Bobby Bouchet water boy reference so here's my fav koi and by the way I'd rather spend 300 dollars getting all the ponds and equipment then 300 on 2 show koi after all this is a hobby and I enjoy it here's my fav koi so far next week who knows
285591b5.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow those are really nice, I don't have any that are those colors, if I lived down there I'd come and buy some from you. Your koi are so pretty, their probally better cared for than those "factory farmed koi". I never had any baby koi yet, for years I just had two koi and lots of gold fish. I pretty sure the two big koi are both females. Three years ago I got several small koi that are now getting to be about one pound, wonder if their still to small to breed with the two five pound koi?

Ask a Question