Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pics, Matt! OMG, what did you say when you nephew dumped all that food in? I'm sure you can't post it here. LOL But, good that you took your time cleaning it all out. Bet you were worried for your babies, I can only imagine, after all the hard work you have spent on them.
I see lots of black spots on the babies, too, so hoping for a Sanke or Showa to come out of them yet! Love seeing your pics, and reading your stories. :) Thanks again for sharing it all with us.

Reaction score
I told him go tell ur mom what u did their not the best parents so its basically my fault for inviting them over to eat and swim it's not his first time dumping tanks he dumped a bottle of pills n my bros fluval edge so I should of seen it coming but it's all good one loss is better then yelling at a child tht doesn't get it. Stuff happens I guess I wanna get a big female Showa one day when I give my bro all my metallic koi I'm gonna try to keep breeding them just to show everyone it can be done it's not easy but it's def rewarding.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lock the doors, keep him outside when they come to visit! So glad you saved your little ones from the invasion.

Reaction score
28 day old koi Fry still only lost two I might be able to get better pics later but fo now here's mine
d7b335c7.jpg

5c6de05b.jpg

Some from outside as of yesterday
2fcb9f76.jpg

135754f9.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you very much I use crayfish trays for alotta my fish tank games as my bro calls em I'm starting to get some really nice colors n my 55 and when I check the ones outside tht were solid yellow when I put them about 10 of them are now getting spotting and patches gotta say I def have a few winners show winners no but winners none the less now I just wish I could of pulled more eggs out the pond but honestly who would of thought it was this easy lmao it is time consuming I'm gonna have to take a trip up to Hammond n drop some off with Larkin soon I def wanna see how his fry are doing better pics now and alot of em enjoy
25ca93a2.jpg

Hard to tell in pic but this guy shows alot of promise
caa59978.jpg

05a9ddb1.jpg

7bbade5e.jpg

All the pics u see that look a little blue is because they are under my reef lights whack is about 22k which is blue it's what colors tht make it from the sun at about 15-40ish feet under water in the ocean all I know about raising koi I learned on other pals posts on forums so thank u ppl on this site as well as many others keep documenting your progress and I'll do the same

Reaction score
Yyea the colors dad are making it interesting again for those keeping score their are now 72 koi outside about half are solid yellow other half are solid white or multi color yellow and black or white and black and white and yellow but who knows they can change a few times b4 they stay a color or pattern but I kept the ones I like the most inside but the quality of the ones I take out side is eating better and better I'd call the 7 I put out today pond quality if they stay the same color they are now who knows here's a top shot of the outside guys it's kinda clearing up so I figured id snap a few shots And share can I get this post stickeyed please an pics they are all about an inch to an inch and a quarter
e728afcc.jpg

If u look real close and use ur imagination u can see a nice one I let go outside two color top view
c5e333fd.jpg

Enjoy any questions anybody I'd love to hear from anybody who has fry currently thanks everybody for tagging along

Ask a Question