Laying epdm liner around corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,
My pond is not square or rectangular, it is shaped like a tear (sort of).

I land-up with overlapping liner around corners and under the waterfall.
I can cut the underliner to fit around corners. But I really don't want to cut and patch the epdm liner.

Any suggestions on how to get a smooth finish around corners??
I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
Clive
20231017_110014.jpg
20231017_110651.jpg
20231017_110657.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Basically impossible to smooth it out completely. I installed a liner this summer, irregular shape pond and was surprised with how many wrinkles and creases it had. You just do the best you can smoothing it out, as you know it is pretty thick so it does not mold itself to the shape or your pond. You have to be careful when you do your edging that any folds do not end causing a capillary action with the water. Try not to cut the liner, just fold the extra amount and bury it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Two tricks
One as you fill the pond using the weight of the water can help smoth out the wrinkles.

The other is opposite what your expecting and that is no make huge wrinkles pull the small wrinkles together and create a huge wrinkle now you'll need lots of left over but using b this method makes for one crease here or there and they looks do much nicer

Ask a Question