Lily Flowers - Being eaten?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
This is my first lily plant, have had it for about 2 months now. Doing great, a ton of new growth. I finally saw 3 flower buds develop and was getting so excited to see the blooms. All 3 were there last night (no pic of that) and then this is how it looked this morning. Almost as if something ate them or cut them off. I have a ring motion alarm and looked through all the footage, nothing tripped it. For reference, I have a turkey that comes by daily and also raccoons that visit at night sometimes that always set off the motion alarm. It’s baffling me why these are like this, so I figured I’d ask the experts! Let me know if you have any thoughts or advice. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5507.jpeg
    IMG_5507.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 20

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Bummer, I am waiting on my first bloom this year also. I was thinking deer, chipmunks or rabbits since it looks close to the edge, but cannot explain why the motion was not detected.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't know where you are located but could it have been a turtle? Sounds like whatever got it was in the water due to not setting off the sensor. Any part of your pond where something could enter the pond w/o being detected?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Don't know where you are located but could it have been a turtle? Sounds like whatever got it was in the water due to not setting off the sensor. Any part of your pond where something could enter the pond w/o being detected?

I am in Pittsburgh, PA. A lot of woods around us and we do find Eastern Box Turtles quite often in our yard/woods. I honestly assumed deer because they are everywhere here but the motion would have went off. The turtle could have snuck in, I never would have thought that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am in Pittsburgh, PA. A lot of woods around us and we do find Eastern Box Turtles quite often in our yard/woods. I honestly assumed deer because they are everywhere here but the motion would have went off. The turtle could have snuck in, I never would have thought that.
I don't have deer in my yard because it is fenced plus I have dogs, but racoons, possums, owls, crows, a box turtle and chipmunks have all escaped without triggering either my Blink cameras or my trail camera. Both are set on the highest sensitivity :unsure: Super exasperating.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I don't have deer in my yard because it is fenced plus I have dogs, but racoons, possums, owls, crows, a box turtle and chipmunks have all escaped without triggering either my Blink cameras or my trail camera. Both are set on the highest sensitivity :unsure: Super exasperating.

The camera has to be missing things then for me... I find it hard to believe a deer could sneak by but who knows.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Excepting a glitchy camera, I like the box turtle theory or maybe I am just partial. Flowers are part of their natural diet and my sliders do like to eat the canna lily flowers that drop into their ponds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Excepting a glitchy camera, I like the box turtle theory or maybe I am just partial. Flowers are part of their natural diet and my sliders do like to eat the canna lily flowers that drop into their ponds.

I have 2 boston terriers, and they set off my motion camera without fail every single time they are in the frame. Next time I get a bloom I will need to figure out how to get a feed.

Ask a Question