sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also see an opening at the top is that a water holding basin .Is it leaking and if you turn it off does water stay the same height or does it drop .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I went on you tube and you held your phone the wrong way so I could see a bigger video and I see the holding area at the top a little better and slowed the video down and I see a lot of splashing

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@twodown02 WHERE is the water going......where is it actually exiting the pond? Is there a wet spot, or is it flowing back into the pond? When you say you’re losing water, HOW much and how quickly is it disappearing? How much and how often are you having to replace the water?

Reaction score
Country
United States
@twodown02 WHERE is the water going......where is it actually exiting the pond? Is there a wet spot, or is it flowing back into the pond? When you say you’re losing water, HOW much and how quickly is it disappearing? How much and how often are you having to replace the water?
I lose like 1"/day so having to refill too often.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
1 inch can be considered normal .You can find out what size your piping is and like I said get a piece of abs or pvc and a hose clamp .Shove abs or pvc inside your hose and put a clamp over it all ..The thing is it will cause more splashing and lose of water

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I lose 1-3 inches depending on how hot etc the day is. I add water for xx amount of time, daily, the x changes depending on the weather, sun, humidity level, wind, rain, etc.

If the water is going behind the rocks, is there liner behind those rocks directing it back into the pond? That is the way waterfalls are usually built. So you are not losing the water just not seeing it come down the front of the waterfall.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-24_16-16-46.gif
@twodown02 and @koiguy1969 makes spillways you might be able to fit into that area where your water comes out. Maybe he can make one specific for your size? You could put a flat rock in there to make it look more natural too.
Weir for waterfall koiguy.jpg

Ask a Question