matala mats...

Reaction score
I will be using a 55 Gal barrel and a 150 Gal RM trough as my filter. Do I need matala mats in both or just the drum? i plan on using a 1/2 sheet of the blue and green in the 55 gallon. I will be using 6 laundry bags or bio media.

Reaction score
anybody using a drum and a trough for filtration.....let me know how you have it plumbed.
pond roughly 3000 gallons. using a laguna 2900. is it to much to go stratigh to the 55 gallon and then have it feed the trough?

Reaction score
I just made my 55 gal filter. I purchased a Beckett 1800 and had to install a ball valve to regulate the flow because it was too much. No filter material in my drum other than the plastic fencing stuff doc used. See DIY section Doc Bio Filter.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Most of the solids get caught in the vortex and succombe to gravity. No need for all that other filter stuff with the Doc Bio Filter. This not only makes it the least expensive to make, it is also the easiest to clean.
It is kind of like a Dyson Vacuum for water.

Ask a Question