Media amounts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have obtained a vortex plus 3 chamber kockney koi style filter. Would k1 or k3 be suitable and if so how much would I need per chamber., or is there anything better you could recommend? I have 18 large koi in my pond.
Many thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome
sorry i can not help i have a bog

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Glenn welcome to the GPF! I'm in the same boat - only use bog filtration, so no help on your question. We do have some members who have more experience with koi and filtration so hopefully they will chime in.

In the meantime, we'd love to see photos of your fish and pond!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! same here only bog filtration. In all my years of ponding I have never used a man made filter.
There are ones that use filters whom can chime in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welcome! We would love to see some photos of your awesome pond and koi!
Can't help with your question, I'm not familiar with your filter.
My two store bought pressure filters and UV light are inefficient and I too will be joining the bog filter community come Springtime. I'm constantly backwashing and rinsing media, but still don't have the water clarity I desire from these pressure filters. I even have a third homemade submerged bucket filter with lava rock. I'm going to ditch them all and go exclusively bog.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a pressure filter on my pond and it does a great job. However, I don't have any answers for you since I don't have that type.

Maybe you could get more help at Koiphen.com?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a pressure filter on my pond and it does a great job. However, I don't have any answers for you since I don't have that type.

Maybe you could get more help at Koiphen.com?
I have tried to join that koiphen a dozen times its the WORST site i have ever seen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have trouble setting up an account there? I didn't have any issues with that, so I don't know what is going wrong for you. I did sign up several years ago, but they get new members every day so I can't imagine what the problem is.

If I can help, I'd be glad to. Let me know what the problem is and I will ask on the forum for a solution.

Ask a Question