My babies.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Apologize for the poor pics, but these were taken just after a water cleaning....
image.jpg
These are the fishies that were spawned sometime this spring. There are a lot more, but these are the ones that stand out. The largest are approaching 2" long! No idea who the parents are, but starting to suspect that my calico Ryunkin might be the/a mom. I do have a lot of Shubunkins as well as comets, fantails, Watonai, and Wakin.

Upper left: the little guy in the middle appears to have purple all along his dorsal area -- you can almost see it in this pic. The one next to him (and also in the larger pic) has a "target" -- black dot inside orange spot -- at the base of his tail :)

Upper right: those 2 little guys with the black are going to be cuties, for sure! They are among the smaller ones, so maybe from a separate spawn....?

Larger pic: I threw this in to show the different body shapes -- the guy toward the bottom left is one that has that fuller body. Nymph?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots of pretty ones and wow all free from your bigger babies. Wish my shubbies would multiply one of these days :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Are you planning on selling some Watonai? lol

Those are some cute fishies!! what have you been feeding them with?

I couldnt find any of the one spawn earlier in spring... probably got eaten by the guppies. I only can save 2 from the latest spawn a week ago.

interesting observation - my guppy frys are everywhere but goldfish frys are no where to be found. My thought is the goldfish came out so tiny even the baby guppies can eat them so they got all eaten and seems like the big goldfish don't eat the baby guppies....

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
There are some serious nice colors on those babies for their size. Those two mentioned earlier in the top right pic are really nice. Can't wait to see what they look like by the end of summer!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There are some serious nice colors on those babies for their size. Those two mentioned earlier in the top right pic are really nice. Can't wait to see what they look like by the end of summer!
Yes, it was amazing watching them go from pale yellow with black eyes to all those colors, and the black came on so gradually. I can't wait to see what the one with the "purple" looks like!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
nice babies, I have see a few in our pond off and on, they have too much area to hide in

Ask a Question